TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. so i didnt plug the drain holes and i lost a valve keeper / retainer down into the oil pan. now what? i tried to flush it out with lots of fresh oil and its not coming out. at this point, id rather pull the motor than pull the oil pan.

is it a straight shot down into the pan?

·
Super Moderator
7,514 Posts
No it's not a straight shot down to the pan. You pretty much have no choice but to pull the pan off. You might be able to get away with leaving everything hooked up and just lifting the motor up a few inches and sliding the pan out from between the motor and the K member.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can try to work a magnet down the hole it fall. not sure myself what it looks like or how big it is buts its an ideal. just dont lose you magnet down there.

Or you can try use a storng magnet on the bottom of the pan and move it around and see if you hear it moving with the magnet and guide it to the drain hole.

oh now i think i now what they look like. They are small half circle?

Just ideals!

·
The Parts Guy
7,305 Posts
Honestly, you're probably going to end up having to pull the pan. I prefer to leave the engine in place, and lower the K-member to gain clearance. You can fab up a truss to go across the shock towers and hold the engine in place. Here is a picture of one we made here:

I replaced the four corner K-member to frame rail bolts with 7" long M12x1.25 bolts, supported the K-member with a jack, removed the other four bolts as well as the six bolts attaching the shocks to the shock towers, and lowered the K-member.

-Rod

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I got a telescoping magnet with built in LED light for like $8, might try that first, it's a good thing to have anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts