TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this Dennis chip I have been hearing about? I thought the INJECT-TECH chip was everyone's choice. I have an I-T chip, and I think it is the best there is. What does this Dennis chip have to offer that the INJECT-TECH or "Jerry Chip" doesnt? Just wondering, b/c I think it would have to be nothing short of a miracle to be the Jerrt Chip., Blazz

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dennis Chip...

That is just the name of the guy doing the programming now. There are a couple of programmers that have the calibrations of "the man's" chip, and Dennis is one of them. "The Man" no longer produces and markets them himself.

·
Registered
726 Posts
"The Man" no longer produces and markets them himself.
Thats not entirely true. He still holds "dyno days" where he can do a couple of things. He can put your car on the dyno, reflash your eec with his programing, customizing to your cars needs, he can burn you a generic chip really quick like without any dyno time (im pretty sure this was an option, and is much cheaper), or he can throw your car on the dyno, but instead of reflashing the eec, will customize a chip for you (for the same price as the eec reflash, $350).

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the man

I was just wondering, b/c I knew Jerry was still doing chips, he has mine right now. I had to get a new pcm and he is reflashing it for me. Blazz

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Think of the person you mentioned as the master, and Dennis as the apprentice.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apprentice

So how can I become an apprentice? What devices do you have to have in order to burn a chip or flash an eec? Is it expensive to get in to? Just curious, Blazer

·
11,719 Posts
Re: Apprentice

Bradley Blaze said:
So how can I become an apprentice? What devices do you have to have in order to burn a chip or flash an eec? Is it expensive to get in to? Just curious, Blazer
You can ask Jerry yourself, because I have no clue.

Generally the people burning chips also have alot of experience tuning cars. I think you'd run into a very steep learning curve.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey G/ B

I really enjoy talking to you, You seem to be knowlegeable. You are one of the people whose advise I take over all others. I put you in the group w/ Seabass and a few others. Just wanted to tell you thanks for being here for "learners" like myself. Blazz

·
Registered
16 Posts
I dont know bout this whos best stuff, but I got a Dennis ChipI and it works great..Just the chip and a K+n and a catback exhaust and my car livened up big time. Big diff in the upper rpm range...Went from chasing my kids mustang gt 5.0 to just beatin him, and thats a high 14 sec car (with traction...which he didnt have..) :)

Not any more though..he geared her down, but Im still within 3-4 lengths..

Tranny works very nice now..earlier downshifts, later upshifts, harder under WO, still soft down low.

Top end is great..will stick the speedo to the bottom of the dash..(really came alive when i did the exhaust..really worked well together with the chip!!!)

Also mileage up a fair bit(with the combo ) No BS..got 34 mpg consistently on a run across Montana last week runnin 75+ on the Interstate..Had one tank at 37 with big tailwind.. Before best ever was 30! Now relax..thats Canadian gallon..you US guys take 20% off that!! Either way..shes up a good 4 .Around town? I dunno..

Very happy!

Will get it to the track soon and I expect easy low15's at around 91 outa it, which aint bad for a big car with a tiny v8!!! Hey I grew up with bigblocks, and this IS tiny!!

Anyway..this chip is best bang for my buck Ive gotten in long time! I Recommend!

·
11,719 Posts
Re: hey G/ B

Bradley Blaze said:
I really enjoy talking to you, You seem to be knowlegeable. You are one of the people whose advise I take over all others. I put you in the group w/ Seabass and a few others. Just wanted to tell you thanks for being here for "learners" like myself. Blazz
Thank You, but i don't think Cbass would want to hear that :D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
At "the Man's" request....

Bradley Blaze said:
I was just wondering, b/c I knew Jerry was still doing chips, he has mine right now. I had to get a new pcm and he is reflashing it for me. Blazz
please don't reference him by name on this board - that seemed
to be generally understood. Let's keep it that way.

I don't think anybody wants to go back to the good
old days limping along with C&L crap as one of our
only choices....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts