TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile since I've been here but I finally got myself back into a Thunderbird. Just seeing what's up with everybody and introducing myself. I'm Brice from South Bend. Anybody got anything going on with their cars or is everything in Indiana as boring as it seems?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just got the cougar back on the road!

Newer engine (stock 4.6) 64,xxx installed.
Put in shop on Feb. 1st 2010 and just got her back a few weeks ago.
These cars are sweet. Well worth the money that is put into these MN12"s to keep em go'n and for mods. My car is pretty much bone stock but mods are coming.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya man. I can't wait to be able to afford the Explorer motor swap.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a fun swap. Will probably be twice as fun when you get done. Moving back north? As in?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sorry, kinda got side tracked and forgot about the forum. Move back to NW Indiana, Westville, Michigan City area. But I'm not sure I would have to sell my house and I don't... big decision. I have the motor out now, Think I'll order the correct oil pan that I need (reason why I logged back in to see if I can find out what the part number is) and work on replacing some rusty spots but I need to barrow my dad's welder.

I know Its not a very practical swap, every one says just buy one with a v8 already in it. But it was never meant to be practical, a toy. But it seems that it might have to become my daily driver if I ever get it running.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hello neighbor. I live just out of Portage IN on hwy 149. I'm not on here too often anymore due to my job. Beamerboy is from Michigan City also. We need to get together sometime, like a mini- meet at my place for a BBQ.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I live in Granger
wants your car look like

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Rick, I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen your car around the area. It stands out pretty well judging by the pics on your flickr account.

Bakstoy, I checked out your cardomain and it looks like that TC is going to be one hell of a project. I know its going to be twice as cool when finished. How's your progress coming with it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't drive it a hole lot anymore.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't blame you. She looks pretty good. Would like to see it sometime. Maybe we can get some of us Northern IN guys together sometime.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ya that sounds good

·
Registered
333 Posts
Dew the thunder,
Sorry for the long time to respond. I haven't done much with the car as I'm back out driving over the road and am home for a couple days every other weekend. And when I am home, I'm usually busy with my wife's 85 yr old uncle. Health issues.

Although I have acquired more front suspension pieces that I've wanted to get. I really do need to update that site with some pics of the engine all cleaned up and painted and some of the new pieces too.

I am also getting ready to move again at the end of the month as our current landlord decided to put the place up for sale and refuses to sign another lease. I'll be moving to Griffith, IN and will have a smaller garage but it will be heated and insulated :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's wishing everyone a enjoyable and safe Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Waiting on parts to get mine running again. What's what with you?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Finally got my car put together again this spring. Much more power and blower is LOUD! :D Unfortunately, body work still needs doing. I am running around in my moonlight blue car with a slightly crooked black hood, one headlight, and a not so straight fender! Don't drive fatigued! :(

Might go to OC dragway this friday to see how slow this thing still is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll be in OC tomorrow morning at Quality Muffler. Then afriend and myself might try to take his mustang to the 1/4 mile on Friday. I need more money so I can start dumping in more horsepower.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.