TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Amateur Expert
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a collection of nearly 700 cd's and I'm really into music. I listen to heavy metal (Slayer, Carcass, Coroner, King Diamond), electro (Mesh, Delerium, Apoptygma Berzerk), Industrial (Hate Dept, Front Line Assembly, Leather Strip), mainstream (Elton John, Live, Sarah McLachlan), rock (Rush, Alice in Chains, Tool)

My all-time favorite band is Dream Theater. They have influences ranging from Rush to Journey to Metallica to Pink Floyd. I've been into them since their first album came out - 1990. Any other DT fans out there?

I just can't get into country, nu-metal (Korn, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit), or RAP. Nuff said.

List your favorites and not-so favorites.

Here is a list of my cd's - it is out of date about 6 months.
 

·
High Output Poster
Joined
·
1,491 Posts
Collective Soul is my favorite (gotta be in favor of a good band from the great state I've been in nearly all my life).


And a few others:
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Steve Miller Band
Led Zepplin
AC/DC
Pink Floyd
Alice in Chains
Linkin Park

:headbang:
 

·
Sheepish
Joined
·
4,085 Posts
No real favorite, but one I always go back to is VNV Nation
 

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
Joined
·
8,978 Posts
I have tons of favorites, too many to list. But if it came down to it I'd have to say Led Zeppelin and Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
-Thomas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,111 Posts
Steve MIller Band
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Jimmy Buffett
Dan HIcks and his Hot Licks
commander cody and his lost planet airmen
bob Seger and the silver bullett band
journey
Heart
Pat Benatar
Sade
AC/DC
Metallica
Supertramp
Dr. Dre
Too $hort
2pac
Great White
Twisted Sister
B.B. King
Howard Tate

I could keep going on for days...basically I'll just say I pretty much like everything except all this whiney screaming new heavy metal, it drives me nuts....but, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
 

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
Joined
·
8,978 Posts
Geez Earl he said favorite not favorite(s) :D
-Thomas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,111 Posts
Okay, favorite? Jeez, I dunno....there's just too much that's appealing to me...probalby Jimmy Buffett....preferably a live recording
 

·
Pimp in denial
Joined
·
998 Posts
Dave Matthews Band with close runners up Metallica, and Our Lady Peace. But there is a wide range of music in my collection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
All-time favorite it "Rush". Many others mentioned here are good too, relatively new bands such as: Metallica, Creed, 3 Doors down...ect.

Of course the classics....Stones, Cream, Skynyrd, Boston, Foriegner, Styx, REO, Heart, and many more...they all rock!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
I cant pick just one. Heres a quick run down of some of my favs.

Linkin Park
Pantera
3rd Strike
Metallica
Blink 182
New Found Glory
Dave Matthews
DMX
2 Pac
POD
Puddle of Mud

Yes I am very diverse when it comes to music



Mike
 

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
I have said it before, I'll say it again, and well, while I listen to about every possible type of music besides christian rock, well, even that sometimes, but the one I find myself ALWAYS, ALWAYS go back to is, drumroll please, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:


STYX

Yeah, it's good stuff, their music rocks, that and AC/DC, and oooooh, The WHO, god I love the who, and, Pink Floyd.

I sound like I'm like 50 don't I, shizzy, I'm 19 and listing of bands that would be on my dads favorites list, WOO, so all y'all rap biotches piss off!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,758 Posts
92CougLS said:
I have said it before, I'll say it again, and well, while I listen to about every possible type of music besides christian rock, well, even that sometimes, but the one I find myself ALWAYS, ALWAYS go back to is, drumroll please, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:

STYX

Yeah, it's good stuff, their music rocks, that and AC/DC, and oooooh, The WHO, god I love the who, and, Pink Floyd.

I sound like I'm like 50 don't I, shizzy, I'm 19 and listing of bands that would be on my dads favorites list, WOO, so all y'all rap biotches piss off!
And I was almost afraid to list STYX as my favorite, but you hit the nail on the head. (Oh, and I'm 40 :D ) I like most of the classic bands though!

I saw STYX and Kansas last year while they were on the Army tour!! Pouring down rain and STYX kept playing!!! :thumbsup:
 

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
oooh, anyone hear The Darkness? They are a horrifying mix of styx, kiss, queen, and cyndi lauper, lol!
 

·
Sheepish
Joined
·
4,085 Posts
92CougLS said:
oooh, anyone hear The Darkness? They are a horrifying mix of styx, kiss, queen, and cyndi lauper, lol!
I think Cyndi Lauper is enough to make anything horrifying..:D
 

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:


And I was almost afraid to list STYX as my favorite, but you hit the nail on the head. (Oh, and I'm 40 :D ) I like most of the classic bands though!

I saw STYX and Kansas last year while they were on the Army tour!! Pouring down rain and STYX kept playing!!! :thumbsup:

Oh man, Kansas I almost forgot, they friggin rock, Wayward Son is like, to 5 in my fav songs! and I used to work at a classic rock radio station, that was great, I wanted to see the styx/kansas tour sooo damn bad!

Oooh, ZZ Top!! Cheap Sunglasses, now that's a group, and a song dammit!
 
1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Top