TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I let my Bird rest for about 10 years just sitting in the sun. Bout' 5 years ago the radiator filled my transmission with coolant. Went the wrecking yard route due to time and had to immediately swap it for another (2000 Mustang) due to bearing failure.

So, 2 weeks after getting it home I notice a HUGE red stain in the driveway. After a few months later I realize it is the dipstick tube and there ain't an easy way to fix without a lift and taking a bunch of stuff off. So it sat for a couple 3 more years and now thanks to a Deer I am attempting to hit the road again. Got the dipstick tube fixed with new o-ring and grey RTV. DO NOT care to do that again. New tires, replaced seized rt front caliper (Mustang PBR) and wow, no cooling fan. Checked the CCRM, replaced with (2) different ones, checked wiring from fan to connector, getting voltage to correct pins. Finally pulled the fan and tried direct wire to battery and nothing.

Well, it seems no one has a fan motor or assembly close by. looking at Rockauto and such and there isn't much left and ZERO supply from Ford. I didn't realize that there are few supplies left. Planning on a new complete paint job (Laser Red was a tinted clear and the sun has burned it all off the top) with Eastwood Molten Red metallic as a close match. Local Pick n Pull doesn't have much inventory so I am thinking the cash for clunkers has grounded the fleet. Any good reliable sources from the west where salt hasn't eaten them? I got one of my new CCRM's from tbscshop dot com.

·
Super Moderator
7,928 Posts
Rockauto shows 5 different brands of cooling fan for our cars. Some things are getting hard to come by, namely decent shocks, but regular service parts are still readily available.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
I just bought a cooling fan from RockAuto like a month ago.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You can also buy a working used cooling fan from TBSC Shop. I bought one earlier this year just to have an OEM spare, since I'm still running the 23 year old, 145K mile factory fan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts