TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll usually go to AutoZone around here, but there's an Advance Auto like 10 seconds up the street. Occasionally I'll go to Pep Boys on ROute 2 because sometimes they carry hard-to-find items at a decent price.

Don't ever do business with Napa in West Warwick.. I don't know where they found those people. :D

-Jes

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I will go to either advanced auto or Pepboys. The napa near me sucks. I try not to get anything as far as complicated parts from anywhere but online. I hate dealing with over the counter people and telling them what you need and they ask what car is it for and then tell you it wont work. Oil and other fluids, paint, a tool here and there I get from Advanced Auto. Pepboys I have gotten a battery and some pipe for exhaust. I also have a connection with a local store. My friend who is always building a car or working on a older car knows the owners so he gets great discounts. Since he builds cars he also spends a lot so they dont mind giving my friend the good discounts because they know he only goes there. He calls in orders for me and I get his discount when I go pick it up. I got two O2 sesnors from there for $80. I couldnt find them online for less then 50 each.

-Shawn

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Advance Auto (they sell a lot of motorcraft parts and usually know what I am talking about)
AutoZone (they always want to sell me bosch crap)
Murrays (they never know what I'm talking about)
Napa (O.K.)
Pepboys (Never even been to)
DJC Auto Parts (ok, nice and cheap too)

So I like Advance Auto the best! Plus it is like 3 minutes from my house. Actually there are like 6 auto parts stores within 6 min of my house.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Autozone mainly, best store in town where I live

Advance Auto, If autozone doesnt have it

NAPA, for those stupid hard to find parts

I wouldnt shop at Pep Boys if it were the only store in town. Those guys don't know the difference between a battery and a spark plug.

·
Registered
293 Posts
LiquidCougar said:
I'll usually go to AutoZone around here, but there's an Advance Auto like 10 seconds up the street. Occasionally I'll go to Pep Boys on ROute 2 because sometimes they carry hard-to-find items at a decent price.

Don't ever do business with Napa in West Warwick.. I don't know where they found those people. :D

-Jes
Not too far from me. If you're ever in Westerly, don't bother with the Autozone there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I go to AutoZone because the one closest to the house is 24 hours. There is an Advance Auto closer to the house that is normally the cheapest in town. And then there is KOI Auto Parts. They are really expensive but they carry almost all of the hard to find MotorCraft parts that no one else has. But I mostly switch between AutoZone and Advance they are the best.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Bond Auto. It's a Vermont and NH store. I went out with the owner's daughter for almost a year (she was stacked too :thumbsup: ), and I (still) get a 20% discount.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'll go to Pep Boys if I don't have to get anything from behind the counter. Three of the four times I did, I got the wrong part. I'll mostly go to Advance and sometimes AutoZone. I think I'll start hitting up Napa more often since my new apartment is right next door to one. ;)

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Ford Dealership - always have what i need for plugs, oil filter and Mercon V
Congress Auto, local chain, sweet prices, cheaper than everyone else
Bennet Auto - Statewide, u need it, they will get it.
Pepboys - redline products only.

thats who i go to.

joseph

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Auto Value all the way! Those people really know what they're talking about and give good service. I've never had a problem with them and will keep going back. Their prices are good too, they are usually competitive with Advance.

KOI in our area is pretty good and the last part I got there was cheaper than they had it at Advance.

Don't really go to Autozone, it's kinda out of the way.

I go to Smythe Automotive every now and then. They're usually pretty good. Prices are a little on the high side. I want to get a job there though simply because of the discount. My friend works there and can get up to like 70% off on some stuff, plus all he does is drive around a delivery truck all day.

NAPA knows what they're doing but their prices are higher than a giraffe's a$$.

I hate Advance Auto Parts with a passion. Every single time I've gotten something there, it won't fit, is the wrong part, or there's something wrong with it. Those idiots don't know there a$$ from an alternator! The only good thing about their store in my area is that they have good prices, even though good prices don't really help when you get the wrong part.

The Ford Dealer--Prices are higher than any of the others. The service is good though, and the guys in our area aren't so concerned with making a buck, they will try to help you figure out what's wrong with your car. I live in a small rural town though, so don't count on this in you're area.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
I used to work for Advance Auto Parts for a year about a year ago, so if there's one in the area, I like to go there first. Of course, the one we had near us in SC sucked (the people just didn't care), so we went to Auto Zone a lot, and there doesn't seem to be an Advance here in CT, so it's Auto Zone again. But, when I'm at my parent's in Ohio, it's Advance all the way.

~*~ Molly

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
no we have Advance here in connecticut, along with ACME, NAPA, CARQUEST, Pep Boys, uhhhh Autozone...

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i get all my parts at work...ford. the prices arent too bad w/my discount, and install is free 99% of the time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
LiquidCougar said:

-Jes
dood you live in warwick?? ahaha
I'm from N. Kingstown.

I went to an AutoZone the other day in warwick.
I goto NAPA in my town for some stuff.

its a small state.
now I gotta start lookin out for cougars. ;)

see ya

+Dan

·
Registered
184 Posts
Im asst. service mgr. at Pepboys so I get most of my parts from there
I also get a good deal at all parts houses so whoever has the best deal
I do know what you mean about our parts guys
the head honchoes come in and say "you can hire 6 guys for the parts
desk BUT not pay more than 6$ an hr" so what else can you expect
Most people come to me when they want the right part
the first time