TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought the other day, I wonder who on here has owned their T-bird the longest?

Anyone owned one from new???

I've had mine 6yrs....

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
My 91 Cougar was bought new by my Mother, so it has been in the family since new. It was given to me as my first car when I was 16, so that's over 12 years I've had it now.

·
Super Moderator
11,909 Posts
TM has had his bird since it was born :cool: 5 years with my 96 .
Yup.

Bought it brand new in Sept. '94. So, I've owned it 16 years and 8 months.

It had 56 miles on it when I took delivery because it was driven down from another dealership to the one I purchased it from.

I've put a quarter million miles on it since then.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My 91 Cougar was bought new by my Mother, so it has been in the family since new. It was given to me as my first car when I was 16, so that's over 12 years I've had it now.
Got me beat. Similar story with the 93 Cougar in our family as well.

Always been a good car, now going through its resto-phase of life.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup.

Bought it brand new in Sept. '94. So, I've owned it 16 years and 8 months.

It had 56 miles on it when I took delivery because it was driven down from another dealership to the one I purchased it from.

I've put a quarter million miles on it since then.
That's pretty impressive. Mine had 46k miles when I got it, its up to about 115k now and I thought that was pretty good going!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I bought my 95 in 2000. So 11 years. Recently wrecked but it still sits in my garage. Bought my 96 in december of 2010

·
Registered
975 Posts
I actually ended up driving the Thunderbird I now own to my senior prom back in 1996 as it belonged to my grandparents. Upon their passing I got it from my mother.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I guess I'm a fairly new owner. June 6, 1998. It was six and had 60,000 when I got it. Now it has 94,000 and a new engine installed in January 2001. 22K on the new engine.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
My dad bought my 95 new with 15 miles on it. I got it from him in 05 with 120,000 on it, its had a few mods and 2 motors since then but it's still in the family. I want my kids to have this one day.

·
Super Moderator
11,909 Posts
That's pretty impressive. Mine had 46k miles when I got it, its up to about 115k now and I thought that was pretty good going!
That is good Andy.

Well, my car body has about a quarter million miles on it; the suspension, engine, transmission, exhaust, fuel pump and just about every other moving component were replaced at around 205,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I bought my 94 LX in January 1998 with 49,795 miles on the odometer. Still have the original paperwork. The car was originally purchased in August 94 at the same dealership I bought it at in 98 so I have all the service records. The original owner traded it in on a 97.

So it's been my daily driver for a little over 13 years. I've put about ~190k miles on it myself. I plan on driving it at least another 13 years so SCTbird1994 is rebuilding the motor and is almost done. But these next 13 years I wont be putting that many miles on it :)

1 - 20 of 139 Posts