TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Which one of your 92's is that going to go on? Dont say the SC or i'll start asking a million questions!

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
well if its centrifical, i think thats a dead giveaway as to what car its going on.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Pooperscooper said:

Umm....Isn't that a turbo?
Looks like it to me. Well...and it says it on the box next to it.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Well if he had just taken the second pic without the box in the pic I don't believe we would have been able to tell if it was a turbo or vortech, but with him blurring parts of the "forced induction machine" (lol) it would be easy to say that it wasn't a vortech. Anyway this is going on the 5.0 right? I know there was a thread on it a little while back but don't remember what L33TX43RT said he was wanting to put it in. I know people were looking at a production kit for the SC (that is being worked on right now) and one for the 5.0.

Russell

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I knew it was a turbo before you guys pointed out that it said it on the box. If you look behind the comprssor houseing, there is the exhaust houseing instead of a gear box like on a Vortech.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Yeah that is the reason I said he would have to provide a head on shot to not be able to tell the difference. :D

Russell

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Very true.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Can no one see the rusty brown exhaust part of the turbo attached to the back? It's obviously a turbo. And you call yourselves car enthusiasts :D
-Thomas

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Thomas said:
Can no one see the rusty brown exhaust part of the turbo attached to the back? It's obviously a turbo. And you call yourselves car enthusiasts :D
-Thomas
I see nothing rusty on my monitor. :(

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
okay, look at the first pic, behind the silver part of the turbo, there is the brown/black part there. That is where the exhaust enters into the turbo, spools the impeller, and exits.
-Thomas

1 - 20 of 23 Posts