TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
That Grand Am's about all the excitement they'll have this season if Manning goes down. :)

Mile High Stadium will be a ghost town if that happens, since Tebow's gone.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I too was disappointed with the lack of a Ford Bronco.
Although there are a couple of those cars around my area, they aren't that nice... lol and I think they are all 2 door cars.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
The grand ams I NEVER see anymore are those little ugly ones they had before this body came out...now those were super ugly.

I think I am going to find this guy when its time to get my car painted. He obviously has some nice ideas ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Can't remember the last time I saw a still living Grand Am of that generation.

I thought this was about the Ford Bronco lol
LOL

That's what I thought too when I saw the title of this thread ...

·
Registered
680 Posts
My sister just got rid of her grand am about 9 months ago... biggest POS I have ever seen. Within 1 year of owning it all this went wrong:

- Lower intake Manifold (these always go on those motors)
- 3 wheel bearings
- CV Axle
- Motor Mount
- Some Suspension components
- Window motors
- Electrical issues
- Never quit leaking in water when it rained (up to 2" sometimes!)

I know MN12's have their own issues (head gaskets, etc.), but I have never seen so much go wrong all at once!

Stephen

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Notice the trash somebody stuffed under the spoiler? Haha! Yea I think when manning goes down their gonna be sad they invested so much into him. I'm sorry everybody for the misleading thread name lol

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Notice the trash somebody stuffed under the spoiler? Haha! Yea I think when manning goes down their gonna be sad they invested so much into him. I'm sorry everybody for the misleading thread name lol
Trash?!? That looks like a genuine fine Scottish food McDonald's Cheeseburger wrapper to me! Yessir!!! :cool:

·
Registered
531 Posts
This was my '94 model that I had, a V6 automatic. I owned it from 1996-98.

It had bad strut bushings when I bought it, but the salesman told my naive self that ABS was causing the feedback on the pedal and steering wheel when braking.

I drove it for about 9 months thinking that was just the way ABS, a new technology at the time, drove. :)

The front rotors were also warped and that went away when I had the brakes done and they got turned.

My opinion of the car got better once I had these things fixed, but I remember hating finding out the hard way that the engine had to be jacked to change the serpentine belt.

I will always remember the time I punctured the sidewall after hitting a piece of brick on the way home from a business trip in Myrtle Beach to Florence, SC. I stopped at a small bar on Hwy. 17 after I felt the left front tire going down. There just happened to be an empty moving van parked there with a working air compressor installed and the driver pumped it up enough for me to just make to Aynor where I stopped at a gas station in the nick of time.

I had the tire replaced and went on my way back home.

I drove the car 3 years before trading it. Not a bad little car, but I never could find a comfortable driving position in the seat.

·
Registered
126 Posts
For those who were disappointed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
1st gen Broncos are my favorite.
This one is for those of you who would like their bronco on the asphalt... I bet this is a LOT of fun! :diablo:

Somewhere I have the magazine that this was featured in.
1,000 hp from a blown 502 ci V8
15" x 14" wheels in the rear... and even more tire
http://www.truckinweb.com/features/0605tr_1967_ford_bronco/

·
Registered
126 Posts
I prefer the go ANYWHERE Bronco !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts