TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many folks from the board have socom and play online. I think that it is defiantly better the the first version but I don't like the health bar....You can shot someone like 8 times and there still alive or you shot them in the head and they only flinch...other than these flaws it is a pretty sick game. If you do play socom post ur user name.....maybe we can get a all mn-12 war!:D

The name i use is 1 SIC MN-12

Jason

·
Registered
216 Posts
Socom on what platform? PC?

I played it briefly on xbox and it didn't really impress. I think you can only do the Rainbow Six/CounterStrike/Delta Force thing so many times, and it's *been* done so many times.

I did like the voice chat thing though. However I think the PC voice comm programs are still better, like Ventrilo or any of the numerous others.

And yeah the health bar bothered me. If you're going to make a realistic FPS (read : take away alot of fun elements of the genre like jumping and momentum and no strafe penalty), then you may as well have realistic damage too.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I still play Socom 1 regularly and I have to say I'm pretty darn good at this point.
Names: Berzerker281 or 5 Bad Bishes
I've held off on buying #2 untill I am done finals. It does disappoint me to hear that there's an energy bar. I'll post my Socom 2 username as soon as I get it... in about 4 days:D

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
I've got 1 and 2, played 1 online, but haven't played 2 online yet because I've been trying to finish school this semester before I get too involved. I have spent some time playing 2 singleplayer though, just beat it on ENS.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Do you guys play on PC or XBox. If you do play the PC version i been wanting to get it so bad. And this will be my excuse to get it. So if its is deffinetly out on pc ill pick up a copy tomorrow. And we can get our TCCoA Clan going lol.

"CRASH":thumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
How is the online PS2 experience? If it's anything like Xbox Live I'll pass :leftright

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I finally got it over winter break. Great game, although I haven't played it much yet.
Name: MN12 Ttrim SC. But I am sure I will change it to something people can pronounce over the headset.

·
Registered
575 Posts
console multiplayer is lame-o! i'm an avid pc fps player. after playing online wiht the pc, xbox live and ps2 online seem so weak. check out Black Hawk Down, and the new expansion Team Sabre due out tomorrow! there are a ton of kille rgames coming in march, Soldner: Secret Wars is badness! i'm currently beta testing FarCry, and that game has a kille rengine. DF: Joint Ops will be the king of them all though, BF is going down!! BF Vietnam does look extremely promising though.

i do have to agree that the voice comms on the consoles are junk. we only use ventrilo, which without a doubt is the best, absolute phone like quality or even better. anyone who plays BHD find me on ICQ @ 171764459, or visit my clans BHD forum at www.hel-guild.com, if you want to get schooled.

·
Registered
515 Posts
lol Socom 2 owns! Thunder02 here

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
inuyasha! said:
How is the online PS2 experience? If it's anything like XBOX Live I'll pass :leftright
hmmm...odd. I found XBOX Live to be a much better executed online system. Quite a few of my friends have complaied about DHCP problems with the PS2, and overall support seems to be lacking in comparison to Live.
I have played Rainbow Six 3 and a few other games on Live with no problems at all.
I can't wait for Halo 2 and DOA-Online. :)

Socom 2 sounds pretty neat. I'll probably pick up a copy for the XBOX and PS2 for comparison of online play...Probably get to paly with more people that way too. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts