TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I put in my new engine I went to start the car and realized the clutch pedal was really soft. I bled the fluid but same results. I havent started the car yet either. Does anyone have any ideas what could it be? I guess Ill have to drop the tranny.

·
Registered
123 Posts
if your used to a cable clutch then a hydraulic pedal will feel really soft. I swapped cars with my brother for a day once, his was a 5speed wrangler, mine a 4 speed 82 mustang GT. For the first hour or so I thought I would put my foot thru the floor of his jeep, when we switched back, he was *****ing about how hard my clutch was. Or your slave may be no good.

·
Super Moderator
7,492 Posts
Does the clutch disengage with the pedal down? If it does, and there are no leaks, then it is working properly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I went though the bleeding process tonight. Lot s of work if there is air in the lines. Keep bleeding and the pedal should come back. If not, check the master for leaks or maybe the slave is leaking. Good luck, I know i needed it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I solved the problem the same day I originally posted the questions. Turned out to be the wrong size pilot bearing. Thanks tho.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
you know this is odd

when i did my 351 5spd swap i used all new parts slave, master, line, clutch kit
and that pedal was FIRM, you could feel the burn in traffic

yet on my red 90 the pedal is even FIRMER
but my black 90 the pedal is noticeable softer
but my blue 92 the pedal is feather soft, so soft if you rest your foot on the pedal it'll slip
my black 94 has a soft pedal but not as soft as my 92 and not as firm as my black 90

1 - 6 of 6 Posts