TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is over now. I've had the car since 1998 or so and thought I would have it till it stopped running. I will definitely miss her. She treated me real good and it's by far the best car I have ever owned. The person that bought it, it's their first car and they are so happy to have it. So I know it will be taken care of.

I want to thank EVERYONE that has ever helped me here. I wish I had found the forum from the first day that I bought the car, that is my only regret.

1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6L Black
Many after market upgrades but never got around to all of the ones I wanted to.
I will miss my stereo too. I put that together piece by piece. My first dream system.

I have to say, when I was preparing it for the new owner I got a few tears knowing I wouldn't see her again.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
What is with all these long time owners selling their cars here lately?
I don't think it is just so much these days. I have been around this board since the Bird Cat days and plenty of people have come and gone probably because they sold their car. Some probably don't like the way the board has become and may still have their car.

These cars are approaching 20 yrs old and that is getting up there for a daily driver.
Needs also change, people have families and want something different.

I am an empty nester now and never wanted a mini-van or SUV. We got by with Town Cars for the family car.

I plan on keeping my Bird as well as the RX-7, but plan to pick up a more fuel efficient car in a couple of years hopefully to last me into my golden years. Sure like the Kia Optima Limited.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trust me I wish and had planned to keep it even if I got a new one as a daily driver. Needs change yes but if I had it in a garage from day 1 or was still in California then maybe I would feel different. I felt if I can't protect it from the elements then I was just killing off the life it still
has in it. Only 139k miles on the original engine.

I hear what you say about the amount of people selling. I recall only a few years ago there was barely any for sale birds on the board. When I posted mine there was many more than I expected.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Shoot, I get almost 30 mpg on the highway with my TBird, so unless a car gets well into the 40 mpg range, I'll stick with what I have. I once had a 1995 Mazda Protege that got 40mpg on the highway that I bought brand new. It was smaller and a lot less comfortable than my 1995 Bird.

Now with a few mods on the Mark VIII, I am able to get 30 mpg on the highway, too. My next vehicle will be electric so I don't burn any gas all week and I'll use my old ICE equipped Ford/Lincolns on the weekends for long trips!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I don't think it is just so much these days. I have been around this board since the Bird Cat days and plenty of people have come and gone probably because they sold their car. Some probably don't like the way the board has become and may still have their car.

These cars are approaching 20 yrs old and that is getting up there for a daily driver.
Needs also change, people have families and want something different.

I am an empty nester now and never wanted a mini-van or SUV. We got by with Town Cars for the family car.

I plan on keeping my Bird as well as the RX-7, but plan to pick up a more fuel efficient car in a couple of years hopefully to last me into my golden years. Sure like the Kia Optima Limited.
Lol 'approaching 20 years'... mine is 24 years old... :tongue: :eek:

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts
What is with all these long time owners selling their cars here lately?
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=137117

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=129113

You tell us :D

Now with a few mods on the Mark VIII, I am able to get 30 mpg on the highway, too. My next vehicle will be electric so I don't burn any gas all week and I'll use my old ICE equipped Ford/Lincolns on the weekends for long trips!
Hopefully with that rolling battery pack you'll drive the fuel demand down so I'll have cheap gas for my all week driven ICE car :D

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Hopefully with that rolling battery pack you'll drive the fuel demand down so I'll have cheap gas for my all week driven ICE car :D
Those kind of thoughts fly through my mind, but I always fill my Mark and Daniela's Bird every Monday because they have a 'Monday Madness' day locally where we can save 10 cents per gallon on fuel. We don't go far, sometimes to the city which we went twice this week. I filled my Mark for under $20 and the 'Bird took $25 today so it's not like we spend a fortune on fuel.

Hard to justify paying off that 'rolling battery pack' with fuel expenses like that, right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Lucky you, it costs me anywhere between $65-$80 when I fill my bird. My truck ugh, different story altogether.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
My bird was close to E today, Took 50.00 to fill her up not to bad , 93 is 3.77 here :) Best wishes your way on the lost of the bird .

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Make sure you turn the new owner on to TCCoA! :D :D :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have :) he is young and it's his first car but I find the help here amazing :)

It took 50. for my car on Premium but I wouldn't put anything less in it and I did pretty good
with it. It really isn't about the gas because my new car is turbo so I'm not getting the most
amazing mileage with that :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts