TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SpinningWheelS-sc offers Solid Rack & Pinion Bushings..

Has anyone installed these on their MN12 or FN10?

Share your experience with these if you've installed them on your car..

What would be the pros and cons of having Solid Rack & Pinion Bushings?
:zdunno:

Here's the link-->> Solid Rack & Pinion Bushings

Rayo..

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt..

I'm not doing it now, but I figure when I do change the rack out these might be worth installing..

Just trying to get a little feedback from you guys first.. ;)

Rayo..

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Try

:wavey:

I want to try a set in my stock car.

it's a 90, they must be old & soft.

With my big tires & turning with speed & forced braking.

I have melted brakes & bushings.
Plus broke some wheels as well.

:headbang:

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
Well, there's a big difference from shot bushings and new solid - but from how Ruby handles, I bet there's about none between good rubber and solid.

On the Dakota, there was a tremendous difference from almost-completely-missing bushings and new poly *grins*

I'd go for poly or solid if you're replacing anyway. However, I don't think you'll notice much unless you really push it hard into cornering.

RwP

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder what temperatures the factory Rack & Pinion bushings actually see??

Chances are there will be a point where something will leak on the Rack & Pinion bushings..So rubber is definitely out of the question..

If the factory bushings don't see any abnormally high temperatures down there poly would be an alright substitute as well..

The properties of the poly that allow it to come in contact with fluids without being damaged is another good attribute..

For the price..I don't see any reason not to go solid bushings at the rack.. :zdunno:

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
It's not the temps, but the fluids from such things as the power steering pump (PS fluid / transmission fluid), the front seal on the motor (engine oil at temp), the water pump, etc.

RwP

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Anyone else give these a shot on a bird? Seem worth it for the money.
From what I read sounds like as long as your exhaust isn't In the way just replacing the bushings isn't to bad of a job?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts