TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, time to start running with the big dogs. i have a potential power adder going on my car. a custom suspension racing shop told me that i could put a fuel cell in my trunk with a sumped pump. and a 99-04 gt rear axel would bolt up without too much modification. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
ok, time to start running with the big dogs. i have a potential power adder going on my car. a custom suspension racing shop told me that i could put a fuel cell in my trunk with a sumped pump. and a 99-04 gt rear axel would bolt up without too much modification. what do you guys think?
I think they are fulla**** and there are quite a few cars running very quickly with an IRS.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Agreed on less need, I know of one pulling 1.6X 60' and borderline 12.1s on a cobra rear and tbird halfshafts through an auto trans

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Regardless of whether it's needed or not, the "without too much modification" part is a crock. Mustangs can swap solid axle and IRS without much effort. The MN12 is a different animal. I'm sure it could be done, though; anything can be done with enough time and money.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
#1 - It has been done quite a few times.
#2 - It requires an extensive amount of work.
#3 - Unless you're planning on running quicker than mid-10's, why?

-Rod

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
because of reason #3 :) built motor + blower + snow system + sticky tires = broken shafts :(

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
because of reason #3 :) built motor + blower + snow system + sticky tires = broken shafts :(
What the heck are you doing for an engine? There are a couple full weight MN12's now that are pulling 1.5X 60' times and running well into the 10's on completely stock IRS (save for gear/diff changes). They aren't breaking shafts.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Also, for info on the solid axle swap, run a search over on sccoa.com. You'll find quite a bit of info.

-Rod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts