TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 18 is the first solo2 in salina.It starts at [email protected] and registration at 9AM.It's 20 bucks to run 2 heats. IT'S ON SUNDAY Then on march 17th saturday aftertoon 1pm i we can have lunch at spangles or braums or coyote canyon buffet. Then we can do pics at the park or at the softball feilds.I am taking input on what food places. I am not for sure what days i am working yet but i will be there.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i will definitely try to be there. just hoping that my check is a bit bigger this time. should be around 350. and all i have to worry about is half my insuranec, my 50 dollar phone bill and the guages i'm ordering from scott. (that is, if i ever make up my mind on what i want.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
If I can get minimal Mods done (rear sway bar, tires, springs and shocks) I'll try to be there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ok

Well count me in too! 18 wheels need rubber I hope to have by then, if not so what!
I will try to have both cars there......:xpoh: just have to see....:tongue:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
and youll let me drive teh 35th... right? lmfao.
EDIT: HAH NEWBIE!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
only 90 miles. i may have to come to this one. so i can get lotsa pictures of the birdie in action.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ok lets NOT fill this thread with small talk. if you are going to the event, say so, or a question.
we dont need 7 pages of nothing please. ;)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
like the fix it meet thread? lol.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yes, that is exactly what he means. Please keep this about the SOLO II in Salina, possible plans for the event (such as lunch, meeting, etc) and if you are going to go or not.

Jason, this is your event, keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
erm.. all i said was whether i was coming or not, depending on the funds i have in possession.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well if the weather is nice it should be a good event.It is a fast course for the first one of the season there will be lot's of speed in sections. On sunday let's meet at the feild around 8:30am tech and registration is at 9:00am we start running at 10am. Bring your running shoes and clean everything out of your car. Matt if you want to cook out that would be great we will all chip in $5 bucks for food stuffs.
Saturday we can meet up if you like.I will know what days i have off this tuesday when i have my orintation.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well guys i am sorry to say i doubt i will make it. for the next 60 days i have to work 7days a week. I have this weekend off.I will be in wichita playing paintball.MIKE PLEASE TAKE OVER FOR ME FOR THIS EVENT. I might beable to drop by for a few min's but that's it. I don't have my pc up and running yet so i am using the library's when i can.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Well, I'd love to but ironically due to a new job that starts Mon. I'm not even sure if I can make it. I'll know more Mon.

60 days of work no break?? wow, talk about a "break in Period"!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
matt, you going? i will probably. just wont be there on saturday. i am trying to get my cousin to go in his 5-oh, just so i can whip his butt.... and say i beat a stang (other than the sixers) he has put all his modifications under the hood, and the suspension is stock... that beam rear ain't got nuthin on the birds.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
While it is true that the IRS does handle better than the solid rear axle, it doesn't help so much that a 6 cyl. T-bird will beat a 5.0 Mustang. There are other things to consider. There is a reason that in the circuits that do involve handling you see a lot of Mustangs and very few T-Birds. The Mustangs actually handle very well, it may be a solid rear axle but it has come a LONG way from the good ol' rear leaf spring suspension we all know and love.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
bah.. i hate teh handling on the mustangs... maybe i'm jsut too used to the birds.. my gf drove my car last night... she was like, "i like the way this one drives better!" i was like... yeeeesss... lmfao.

·
Registered
82 Posts
stick to the plan!

Post #4 still stands, Jason don't worry at the end of 60 days $$Cha-Ching$$

PM or call me you that have my # :cool:

teh=the

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
my attendance is still up in the air. more was to be paid for than i expected, so i have to wait and see.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts