TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the 90mm LMAF from Dan with the pigtail, it came out to about $127.00. I also bought that "Jerry tuned Gen II chip" from one of the members on this site. Also got sceamon demon coils, live wires and those billit wire loom things. I am currently looking for a cheaper way to get trak-loc and 3.73 gears. Beside spending 700.00 for a FRPP unit. I know it is probobly the best unit. But 700 is just too much right now.

So any one care to take a guess on the amount of performance that the three (I consider the ignition all one mod) mods I got will make? My next door nieghbor is a di-hard chevy fan. He swares that a chip and a larger meter will not threaten his camero (92ish with 305 v-8 I think) It is fast, I can always pull away from him at the start. But once he hits 3 gear, he slowly walks away from me. Frustrating as heck! Not racing just driving on the way to work. We both leave at the same time, go the same way. Thanks
Eric

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
funderbird said:
I am currently looking for a cheaper way to get trak-loc and 3.73 gears. Beside spending 700.00 for a FRPP unit. I know it is probobly the best unit. But 700 is just too much right now.
You won't have to worry about that, FRPP isn't making that anymore. Those $700 units were discontinued and Dan sold out of them a couple weeks ago. :(

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I bought used gears and trac loc for under 175 for it all... yea installation is the worst.. IRS installations are the hardest

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
KrAzyT said:
I bought used gears and trac loc for under 175 for it all... yea installation is the worst.. IRS installations are the hardest
Shoot, I think they're easier than live axle installs because you have the pumpkin on the bench. But maybe thats my opinion.

Anyways, see if you can find out who in your area is recommended for gears, you might get lucky. I got new bearings, clutches, seals, gears, got the whole pumpkin redone for a case of beer in labor. I bought the parts and did the tedious stuff for the guy (washing), and then he set it all up for me.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You won't have to worry about that, FRPP isn't making that anymore. Those $700 units were discontinued and Dan sold out of them a couple weeks ago.

I just bought one from Dan like last week..

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
According to the email Dan wrote me on the 14th, he said he was all sold out and wasn't expecting to get any more in since Ford Racing stopped making them.

and according to your posts, you ordered it on the 12th. That's more than a week ago. ;)

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
The guy who does my rear-end setups loves IRS. I take the pumpkin out, he slaps it on the bench, and goes to work. I know how to do it, but he's faster, and does my stuff for free, so I just let him do it. He said he'd much rather do gears in an MN12 than a solid axle car.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
AverageJoe said:

Shoot, I think they're easier than live axle installs because you have the pumpkin on the bench. But maybe thats my opinion.

Anyways, see if you can find out who in your area is recommended for gears, you might get lucky. I got new bearings, clutches, seals, gears, got the whole pumpkin redone for a case of beer in labor. I bought the parts and did the tedious stuff for the guy (washing), and then he set it all up for me.
joe does concur. I scored a spare diff for free(from timb) and got a trac lok and gears with low mileage bearings and only had to get misc. stuff. The only bad part was the labor to do the gears....200$, but its done by a guy who does great work:)

joseph

1 - 8 of 8 Posts