Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repost... :D

But really, really sad. :bawling:

Those are some nice cars just wasting away.... :(

http://www.carsinbarns.com/

·
Registered
975 Posts
Man, that site makes me nauseous. A nice 70 Barracuda just rotting away... We need to use the death penalty more often.

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
This site is dedicated to all those cars we find along the roads, behind barns, in barns or wherever their owners left them. We have all been there "is it for sale?" "No, I'm going to fix it up someday." and sometimes this is true, however unfortunately for the cars it usually is not.
:uppoint:

Some friends and I went for a drive up 281N a few weeks back and we were near Johnson City, TX. Along the way we somehow spotted a '69 Camaro rotting away behind an old gas station. When we went to check it out, we also found a '65 Mustang Fastback in similar condition. We took some phone numbers down and my friend called on the cell on our way back. Those are almost the EXACT words the guy said about both of those cars!! "No, I'm in the process of refurbishing them" hahaha

What a waste, :(

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I've gotta try and get pics of a t-bird in my area. Unfortunately it's right off of a really bad road (the road that claimed my 87 t/c)

It's a big boat of a bird and it sat in the driveway so long that it collapsed in on itself. It's really sad, but you can't even really describe how bad it is.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I bet these people are holding onto them cause they think they have something special.

I seen a 88' mx6 gt sitting in a front yard for 2 years for sale, they were firm on the price even though it had a NO value according to KBB, it had odometer fraud, dual paint, flat tires, didnt run, and they still wanted 750 for it.

It was just some 35yr old chick trying to sell her daughters car, she paid that much for it and wanted it back out of it. I used my charm and uhh equipment to get it cheaper. lol. really!

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
My dad used to have two Pontiac Starchiefs. He did actually get the one to run, I remember taking a ride in it. He never did have the time to get it to where he wanted them, but at least he realized that he didn't have the time to work on them, and finally sold them both. They sat in the yard for as long as I could remember. They were cool cars. I hope the new owner fixes them.

--Molly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts