TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I was looking at my friends 97 4.6 and I noticed somthing different on his Intake, there is a vaccume line on his where on mine it is capped off. Im not sure if I have somthing hooked up wrong but If you guys know if this fitting should have a hose or not and where it should go, please inform me. I looked on his engine and it looks like it goes to a plastic peice near the cowel. So I checked mine and on the back of the intake there is another tube and thats where I have a hose going to the same plastic peice. So I find out his has the same tube in the back of the intake and it goes to a line that I have connected to my PCV, because thats where it was connected before. Am I supposed to have one line off my PCV or 2 and if not does the smaller vac line thats currently on my PCV connect to the tube on the back of the intake??? Here is a pic of the tube I have blocked off.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The one that is capped off usually goes to the brake booster. Someone may have had an aftermarket plenum on there, so they rerouted the vacuum line to the brake booster, since most if not all aftermarket plenums don't have that fitting.
I wouldn't worry about it unless it is leaking, then I would re-cap it off, or unless your brakes don't feel like they are getting the power assist.
I have a TrickFlow plenum on mine and had to reroute the brake booster vacuum line and have had no problems.
Hope this helps.
Scott

Just noticed that You have the Explorer motor, that would account for the differences. I think that the brake booster is different in Stangs and Explorers.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, my brakes feel ok, but nothing special. I noticed when it starts up in the morning it idles fast for awhile untill it warms up. I put the cap there becuase It didnt look like it went anywhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts