TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for grabs, you cover shipping and pay first
out from California, tbird 97 brake calipers and brackets and hoses
rotors that are rusty (I think they are original) and btw they work just not that well
15 inch wheels and if you want the tires they are BRAND NEW Toyo tires @215 less than 3,xxx miles on them
that's it for now

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Up for grabs, you cover shipping and pay first
out from California, tbird 97 brake calipers and brackets and hoses
rotors that are rusty (I think they are original) and btw they work just not that well
15 inch wheels and if you want the tires they are BRAND NEW Toyo tires @215 less than 3,xxx miles on them
that's it for now
Are you really trying to sell rusty rotors?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
If you throw in the old pads, you might get a taker. As long as they still work (but understandably not that well).

Al

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Marketplace is not for troll threads. Throw this crap in the scrap pile.
Moved to Miscellaneous "For Entertainment Purposes Only".

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
If you throw in the old pads, you might get a taker. As long as they still work (but understandably not that well).

Al

According to his Newbie post, he bought the whole car for 500 bucks. And the brake system is really worn out, causing it to wobble under hard braking. Then he wants somebody here to buy this garbage that makes him drive like an 80 year old, staying under 60 mph.

The Rotors are worth at the most $1.00 each at a recycle yard, but you might get $5.00 if you bring them four rotors.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
When I get my brake upgrade, I'll give you my calipers and pads as they are as well. Lucky for you, they work.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
According to his Newbie post, he bought the whole car for 500 bucks. And the brake system is really worn out, causing it to wobble under hard braking. Then he wants somebody here to buy this garbage that makes him drive like an 80 year old, staying under 60 mph.

The Rotors are worth at the most $1.00 each at a recycle yard, but you might get $5.00 if you bring them four rotors.
I didn't even think a recycle yard would take them. To me, they are just heavy Frisbees. I think this guy and his "burd" should fly to another galaxy.
Al

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah got flamed so hard for this post lol...
I am actually not trolling (hard to believe) and if everyone agrees these belong in the junkyard then that's where these old rusty parts are gonna go.
but srs note, couldn't you turn the rotors and they would be brand new? just my opinion
thanks for the "advice"!!

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
They may be functional after turning them, but they sure as hell wouldn’t be “brand new”. Plus it usually costs around $15 each rotor to turn them, and you can buy new ones for not much more than that. Even if the rotors weren’t warped, you would have a hard time giving them away, so your rusted warped old junk has no value whatsoever.

·
Super Moderator
3,588 Posts
I am actually not trolling (hard to believe) and if everyone agrees these belong in the junkyard then that's where these old rusty parts are gonna go.
but srs note, couldn't you turn the rotors and they would be brand new? just my opinion
Don't sweat the flaming so much. It's the internet.

On a more serious note, these cars aren't really worth much (see your purchase price) so "original" parts don't mean anything at all. While there is a bit of a following, it's mostly just a holdover from long ago and some of us just haven't found a better use of our time. Used parts that are consumables like this have value only as scrap. While I understand that you're looking for a few bucks to help out with your hub swap, this probably isn't the avenue that's going to produce much for you.

Even if we deleted all of the flame posts you're still not going to find anyone that's going to buy these parts. You'll just have silence.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
No, warped rotors are not worth being resurfaced. The wobbling will re-emerge eventually.

Al

·
Registered
408 Posts
and if you want the tires they are BRAND NEW Toyo tires @215 less than 3,xxx miles on them
That alone deserves a flame fest.

Let me guess, "less than 3,xxx miles" means about 2,999 miles, right? But they're BRAND NEW!

Reminds me of all the ads for FREE stuff. It's FREE.. then in tiny print, "just pay a separate fee plus shipping and handling." But it's FREE!!!

Gotta love the eBay listing nonsense as well: lots of "brand new" items to draw you into viewing the listing, then you discover the truth (or as much truth as the seller thinks people deserve). As just one example, I've seen lots of collectible LP's listed as brand new. Come to find out the shrink wrap was cut open and the record is graded by the seller as VG+ or NM. But it's BRAND NEW!!

GTFO with that overselling BS.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Here's the way I look at it...

Before selling anything, ask yourself, "Would I buy it?" and answer yourself honestly.

And if you really believed they were salvageable, why'd you replace them?

We appreciate new folks, and it's great that you're here and want to fix up your car. But don't start your time here trying to unload garbage on us. We have plenty of our own.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's the way I look at it...

Before selling anything, ask yourself, "Would I buy it?" and answer yourself honestly.

And if you really believed they were salvageable, why'd you replace them?

We appreciate new folks, and it's great that you're here and want to fix up your car. But don't start your time here trying to unload garbage on us. We have plenty of our own.

I guess if were keepin this thread alive ill answer back haha not really trying to unload garbage but I just went to the junkyard and picked up calipers and hubs and rotors from a sn95 stang. turned thr rotors they were fine and rebuilt the calipers wit ha gasket kit all on a cheap budget. so parts can pretty often be reused and that was my logic. Not saying I disagree with you cuz safety is my number one priority and just figured the hubs are good and calipers are good from my 'bird ya get it now? rotors maybe not :wink2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That alone deserves a flame fest.

Let me guess, "less than 3,xxx miles" means about 2,999 miles, right? But they're BRAND NEW!

Reminds me of all the ads for FREE stuff. It's FREE.. then in tiny print, "just pay a separate fee plus shipping and handling." But it's FREE!!!

Gotta love the eBay listing nonsense as well: lots of "brand new" items to draw you into viewing the listing, then you discover the truth (or as much truth as the seller thinks people deserve). As just one example, I've seen lots of collectible LP's listed as brand new. Come to find out the shrink wrap was cut open and the record is graded by the seller as VG+ or NM. But it's BRAND NEW!!

GTFO with that overselling BS.

first of all don't ever say flame fest again
second of all this isn't ebay. not sure what ur complaining about but ~2,k easy California driven miles on some brand spanking new toyos is not bad. that's about...what 4 months of driving. lol 400 posts? ur opinion is OVERRATED broski so you gtfo my thread 0:)thanks

1 - 20 of 50 Posts