·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
16,838 Posts
About ****ing time!

You're right about it's newsworthyness. I don't here much coverage for the hundreds of motorists a day who end up getting ticketed for having to pass *****es like this from the right lane.

The goal should be traffic flow, and twats like this impede it far far FAR too often.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Nice...I think it's a danger when people drive way under the speed limit and stay in the fast lane. People don't pay attention and more. They will just run right into people being slow on the high way see it happen before.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Good for that cop X2 Big time , Read that this AM,Hope that she does not get out of it ;) I think I have broke the wife here from doing this , peps get in the left lane and there mine goes to la la land .

·
Super Moderator
9,188 Posts
I agree with the one comment on the article that calls out "BSNBC" for noting the speed she was traveling in the title as a distractor. The issue is that she was pulled over and cited for not keeping right. Not because she was driving under the limit.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Let this be a lesson to ya move over and let the faster people through. Who likes seeing a line of cars behind them waiting for you to move?

·
Super Moderator
7,493 Posts
Failure to keep right tickets are nothing new, it is just that most people who see a cop coming up behind them move over, so the cop really wouldn't have any way of knowing that they were staying in the left lane. I actually got a failure to keep right ticket once myself, but that was the cop cutting me a break because he paced me at night at 85 in a 65 over the course of 2 miles, and I never moved right in that time because nobody came up to pass me. As for the woman in the news story, she probably slowed down when she saw the cop but never got out of his way, so he got frustrated and pulled her over.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I think more tickets just like that should be given out - traffic may ultimately flow better!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I see this everyday on the way to work. People are oblivious and usually talking on a cell phone. Really clogs up traffic. I will believe it when I see it that anyone gets a ticket around here for it.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Yeah terrible article, but good for the cop. I wish lane squatting was illegal in California, people would drive better. I laughed at one of the comments on there:

Sitting in the left lane driving too slowly is no different than sitting on a toilet in somebody's house because you think it's just a chair to sit on. Unfortunately, as long as you're sitting on that chair, nobody can use the toilet. Go find a regular chair and get off my toilet! And when you're driving on the freeway, move to the right if you're not passing anyone!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I'm from Indiana, tickets are given out regularly for not moving back to the right lane after passing.

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You ever write these tickets LOBO?

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
You ever write these tickets LOBO?
I have, but it's been years...But, it is funny to see the look on someone's face when you tell then they were pulled over for driving too slow...it usually renders them speechless, since they were about to explain how they were not speeding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-goW15AwzM

This is always funny to watch...a little language at the end...

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Will that old Bird of yours even go fast enough to pass anyone? :tongue:

I miss that car.
It'll pass people a heck of a lot faster and smoother than when I got it. :D

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have, but it's been years...But, it is funny to see the look on someone's face when you tell then they were pulled over for driving too slow...it usually renders them speechless, since they were about to explain how they were not speeding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-goW15AwzM

This is always funny to watch...a little language at the end...
Oh yea, that one's classic!

Thanks for giving me a laugh tonight. I needed one.

·
Registered
622 Posts
the cops fly around that area. Especially the beltway.

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's the same one that Lobo linked in post #15.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts