TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/2916908555.html

(here is the text from the ad)
Thunderbird 1995 40th Anniversary LX Coupe. 4.6L V-8, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Limited Slip, Automatic, Rare Factory Moonroof, Leather Interior. Red, with Tan Leather. This car was recently brought out from Arizona, where it has been since new. Always garage kept. Only 74,000 miles. It has been in my family for twenty years. This is an amazingly clean, carefully kept car. Tires have just been replaced. The asking price is a reasonable $6,950.00. Please call 732-236-7953, between the hours of 9 am to 7 pm. If you love T-Birds, don't let this one get away.
PICTURES TO FOLLOW

$7,000?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
He is pricing it off the 20 yrs. invested lol. Sentimental Value haha. Of course he can't do math too well either 1995-2012 is 17 yrs. lol but close enough I guess

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
That ad is from the future :D BTW I think this thread violates the for sale posting rules, no posting other people's stuff for sale ;)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I saw a 96 cougar with 51K with absolutely nothing special about it at all and the guy wants $8500 firm and he said hes practically giving it away. I said, well, when you want market value of $3k cash money, give me a call.

Saw a 95 sc with 48k that the guy wanted $12.5k for.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Probably trying to catch someone with more money than brains. 95 SC with 48K, he was looking at production numbers thinking the price is right. I paid 7k for my car in 2001, with that many miles.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Its not an SC ..

But yeah, I am pretty sure my SC is definately worth that much, possibly more. Want to buy it ? oh wait, its not for sale. ;)

I must be on something. Hmmmmm, ego trip perhaps.

·
Super Moderator
16,828 Posts
If someone is willing to pay for it, more power to them. I don't mind seeing these cars listed up there, particularly SCs and early XR7s. People constantly ***** about the sellers asking anything more than a step above scrap value for those these days, but if that's all someone's willing to pay, what's to stop the seller from just cutting their losses and scrapping it?

All I know is, finding one of these cars with unstained carpets, broken interior plastics, peeled rubberized surfaces, ripped up seats with bad motor drives, pungent odors, and crappy aftermarket alarms/stereos is next to impossible. Not to mention the even bigger body/mechanical issues likely to be present! It's almost worth paying a premium since for since fixing/sourcing that stuff aint getting any easier/cheaper.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
There are definately people from NJ that think they have gold in their car. FAIL......... If I give them $7k I better be getting about $4k of it back in my hand plus the keys and title to the car.

I see those adds all the time .... "from(enter'rust free' state here) so it has no rust" and immediately they think the car is worth 2K more in the NE.

·
Super Moderator
10,410 Posts
I see those adds all the time .... "from(enter'rust free' state here) so it has no rust" and immediately they think the car is worth 2K more in the NE.
I'd never buy a northern car; I've never used a torch as standard repair equipment.

:)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
That is ridiculous.. like are you freaking kidding me?? He even says "The asking price is a reasonable"... Not only that but instead of just saying $7,000 he says "6,950"... He knows hes asking wayy too much.. :facepalm:
I honestly believe that with sellers like that - if you walk up to him/her with two thousand dollars cash in your hand, you could drive that car away for a couple of hundred more after letting them talk you up a little.

Think about it - they are advertising on a FREE SITE - Craigslist..... I'm just sayin'! :zdunno:

·
Super Moderator
9,186 Posts
Hmm... I've probably got 7k in my T-bird after fresh paint and body work, engine mods, transmission mods, new suspension, regular maintenance, etc. etc. after 5 years of driving it. :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I'm not making fun of anyone but do people ever spell check or read the ad to themselves before they post? Sometimes I feel like I need a degree in Ebonics just to understand people these days :facepalm:
Welcome to the Craigslist yall. I have a BS degree in country also .. I majored in the mid-western dialect. :D

·
Registered
3,902 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
He probably broke the odometer gear, lol. I had a customer whos Cougar has said 75k or so for years ;) That is very very clean though!
Mine has 40k! lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts