TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone in the houston area is looking for a SC, I found one in need of rescue and revival. First off, these people don't know what they have, so they cannot appreciate it. They are asking $2,000, which I believe is too high of a price. It's located at 600 Hwy 6 South here in Houston. Once again, this is not an advertisement for said vehicle, this is a plea for someone to rescue this poor 'Bird from these folks!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
bleh. Looks abused and that flexible cheapo exhaust shows me what kind of repairs they did to it. $200 maybe. $2000 only if it had a trunk full of cash.
As far as rescue I think you mean part this thing out. 212,000 miles stick A fork in it and turn it over, it's done.
Alan

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
id give 500 no more

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
id take the 5spd center console

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Id say its worth about 1000 delivered to your door but if I had to travel to get it 800 would be my offer. But I believe the point is that these people have no clue whats on their hands. Id say it would be a nice fixxer upper if you had the want to own a rarer bird, it is a neat car, or was should I say. Now its a shadow of its former self, I know its a losing venture to put money into fixing it but still... hmmm. You would have to find that one in a million who would want to rescue the thing from what appears to be cancer.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I would say kick the guy in the nutts and take the car and call the po po and say there was a crime in abuseing a t bird

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Wow, $800 no more. If that's rust that ate those rockers, it's a pretty safe bet that there's more rust hiding elsewhere in the body. And unfortunately, the trunk looks like it might have been wet at some point. Is there a water line inside the car? Looks like they ghetto rigged the exhaust, and didn't care about the fuel filter hanging down. Point these things out, and use them to get a lower price.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Wow just seen this post. I looked at this car a few months back.

Offered him $800. He told me he could get more at auction. Funny thing is it was advertised with new paint and a host of other pluses. Yeah.

Is the road out front still a mess?

·
Registered
172 Posts
i'd give 'em $1000 just to get the 5-speed parts off of it for my 95! try finding 5-speed swap parts for the 94-95s. if it was close to me( nor cal ) it'd be sittin' in my driveway gettin' the swap done right now!!!

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
But they would not have taken $1000. He had $1400 in his head.

I figured $800 based on the 5 speed, blower and plenum, a few other engine parts, and a few misc interior parts I could use. But I could guess that you could get some of these goodies back out of it.

What specific to the 94-95 5 speed do you need? What is different than on earlier models?
I happen to have a 91 (Silverbullit's old AR car) I'm parting. I'm keeping the bad 5 speed though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
the main things are the interior parts. the pedals, the consol top and such. i definatly know that interiors are different from 93 to the 94 models. add to that, there was 700+ 5 speeds made in 95, and i think a little over 500 in 94. so finding conversion parts are hard to come by.

congrats on having a 95 5-speed. thats the only thing i settled on not having when i bought mine, well that and the disc changer but who cares about music when the blower sounds sooo good. but everything else is on my black bird. maybe a 6-speed conversion if i can find the interior parts in the spring!?!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
its still a 500 parts car all day , not worth a grand . that many miles the trans need overhauled . other than the hard parts for a manual swap . just not worth it

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Wow.

I'll have to call them and make a new offer. :tongue:

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
i use the internet on my phone so i cant see the pics. i take it from what everyone has said it is a 94 or 95 5 speed. can i get some info about the car blade runner?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
95 5speed. I told you about it. Rusty tired car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts