TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left the doors unlocked on my new F250 and Infiniti Sunday night. Monday morning, the glove boxes and center consoles were open and everything spread out. I can't find anything missing though.

I live in a rural, almost no crime area and we usually left the house unlocked too. Even the garage, full of tools, was unlocked. They didn'g go in those though.
Now the car alarms/house alarms (w/ garage motion sensor) etc are all on and I'm a little freaked out.

I can't figure out what they'd be looking for.
1) they didn't take my CD's (although they aren't that good)
2) There were coins in the truck, didn't take them, can't be junkies (they'd take a penny)
3) Didn't take a little knife out of the car or a stack of stamps

I'm just confused now.

I need a sign for my garage that says, "If I find you here today, they'll find you here tomorrow"

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've had the same thing happen before, it's very odd and intrusive. Instead of a sign, put a picture on the garage with you holding a sawed off shotgun and a mean look on your face.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Well, that is similar to what happened to me one time. I had my 89 Cougar parked in the car port, and my 79 Zephyr behind it, and 82 F150 next to it. All unlocked at least one door (Cougar only one with PDL). They rummaged through all of them, passed up the CDs (and tapes, it was awhile ago), passed up the change (6 or 7 bucks worth), went through the laundry room (it is outside, in the carport) didn't take the change or money there, the tools (random stuff from whatever I did last), and took a 145 load box of laundry detergent. Shrug, I don't know, but they had lots of dirty clothes I guess.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's freaky. My garage has so much stuff that if they took something, I didn't find it. The power tools etc are all there. I starting to think my garage motion sensor is the best choice i've made.

I found a motion detector that will chime in my bedroom if someone comes on the driveway. Clip in, hammer back...

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
gecko2424 said:
I left the doors unlocked on my new F250 and Infiniti Sunday night.

I live in a rural, almost no crime area and we usually left the house unlocked too. Even the garage, full of tools, was unlocked.
Where you live? :gapteeth:

That sucks. I always leave my vehicle locked. ALWAYS. Even sometimes when I'm driving I lock it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
106 Posts
Or they needed a place to hide from the cops that were looking for them for another crime. Or they needed a bed to sleep for the night,LOL

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
67Baracuda said:
Or they needed a place to hide from the cops that were looking for them for another crime. Or they needed a bed to sleep for the night,LOL
Not sure, I called the county cops to report it and they said they didn't know where my street was, they'd never heard of the neighborhood.

Really, there is no crime where I live. We all have guns and 2-5 acre lots. It's like running the gauntlet down my 100 ft driveway. If I see you... There's some newer, richer neigborhoods being built nearby. I'm assuming they had no luck there and pulled down my street. My wife said she felt like someone was watching her that morning when she went to work at 6:00. They were probably sitting in my truck.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Time to call in re-inforcements....

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'd be careful. Not to sound like a psycho, but they could've been looking for any paper with useful info... bank statements, routing numbers, SS#, anything. I've known plenty a meth heads in my day(sounds bad, but it's not) and they may be tryin to scam some stuff, anything for money. My mom keeps her checkbook in her car, and I always tell her she shouldn't(women). Just a thought bro. Lock yer shight up, and invest in some dogs.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Another common trick now is to break in, steal the garage door opener, and read the registration. Now they have an address, and a way to get in.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was in my driveway, so the address isn't a problem. The only thing with info on it is my insurance verification, and that's still there. A co-worker thinks the govt is after me since nothing was missing.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Is that a mosin nagent 4.62 x 54 reman? I've got one of those old Russion sniper rifles, I've never fired it though, heh.

Got a 10/22 Ruger as well (rifle), I want to get a another hand gun, and a shotgun, and an ar15 or similar, but no budget for that right now.

Want to get a smaller handgun, and a shotgun for my wifey while I'm traveling....

Otherwise I just like to target shoot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts