TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I hate electrical stuff. I'm talking about cutting and splicing the 2 pigtails from the 97, into the 96 harness. I've got to pics supplied by JL (thank you), can someone match up which ones are to go to the right spot, from the 97 harness to the 96? 97 harness first, like this:

97 harness - 96 harness
PIN: 1(97) - PIN: 5(96) that just means that the 97 harness's PIN 1 should be connected to PIN 5. 1 and 5 I guess is the VSS and the Speedometer Sensor Input. Does that sound right? Both of the wires on the harnesses are the same color. Can someone help me match these up??? I hate this crap. =P

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Ya i'm pretty sure thats correct. I think VSS means vehicle speed sensor. Iv got those printed out because i'm doing that swap soon too. Overall hows it going other than this hangup??

-Matt-

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overall pretty good. I got a 96 style dash surround (it was dark brown) i had to remove the rubber coating and roughen the surface up (soda blaster) took 2 minutes to remove the rubber. I went to the junkyard and couldn't find 1 black dash surround... had like 8 maroon, couple silver, and a couple tan. They had 1 black one, but it was broke. I have the VMM, and all the solder and shrink tubeing. The mileage has been rolled back, and matches mine. I have to find some primer, then sand, then primer, then paint the surround, then I will be good to go. =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts