TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cleaned the new lmaf today with no luck, wot still sucks. so im left with three possibilities.

1)apten didnt put the lmaf on my chip
2)the maf is junk
3)i dont have an lmaf and got it stuffed in my a** when i bought it. and this is the one im trying to eliminate. i searched the part number on my maf, some say its a lmaf, other say its not. so what is it? the number on mine is XL3F-12B579-AA.

im hoping its just the chip cause i already soldered the wiring together. :(

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess so, didnt ford switch to 90mm in 2001? on a side note, i put the stock maf back on and it runs great. i dont know if that would indicate that the lmaf program isnt on my chip or not.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well not having it burned on the chip wouldnt surprise me, i've had nothing but problems with apten from day one. i wouldnt recommend them to my worst enemy.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think im going to send it to lonnie, last time i sent it to apten it took over a month to get back and they still didnt put the 1-2 shift where i want it. its up at 6k, and with my stock converter i really dont want it that high. guess i can pm lonnie and see where to send it. this just sucks.......:(

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the thing that pi**** me off is that i specifically asked them to lower the shift to 5400-5600, and of course the lmaf be added. i think they just threw any ol chip in a box once i got pi**** at them and requested a refund.

·
Registered
3 Posts
FordFanatic said:
i cleaned the new lmaf today with no luck, wot still sucks. so im left with three possibilities.

2)the maf is junk
3)i dont have an lmaf and got it stuffed in my a** when i bought it. and this is the one im trying to eliminate. i searched the part number on my maf, some say its a lmaf, other say its not. so what is it? the number on mine is XL3F-12B579-AA.

im hoping its just the chip cause i already soldered the wiring together. :(
80mm is XL3Z-12B579-AARM
90mm is 1L3Z-12B579-AA
Those are the part #s for the two LMAFs

I would check and see what that Part # crosses to. Sounds like it may be a bad meter. I am sorry you are un-happy with our service. We have worked extremley hard to get things better the past few weeks, We hired on another person to keep the reburns in order as they arrive and to have them back out as soon as possiable.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
FordFanatic said:
I had that syndrome too! When I plugged the stock MAF in again everything was just fine. If it was burned for the L-MAF and you plugged in the stocker it wouldn't be fine. This means your chip wasn't burned for the L-MAF. Right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
No your car would still start and idle fine with a stock maf . But, where you have to pull alot of fuel from the transfer function when someone puts a LMAF on. That when you put your stock meter back on it would be extremley lean but it would run.

I do not have my lap top which I tune with at home with me. So I can't check your tune but if it was listed on your order it would have been added. If you want to PM me your nmae I will check your tune on Monday, if there was a mix up I will be happy to make it right for you.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
sorry but i already sent it out to someone else to make sure it was right, this isnt the first time that i had problems with apten. the first time i got the chip i had to send it back to have stuff changed, so after this last episode i just deceided that i had had enough and i wanted it done right without having to mail it back at my own cost. not knocking you but any other business i've dealt with that i've had problems with has had me send the product back at their cost.

and on top of that the car didnt act like it was running lean, it acted like it was running just fine. seemed to me like the lmaf was never put on my chip and i just had my chip thrown out the door because i bit**** about apten having it for a month and a half.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts