TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...well.....im going crazy with this.....about to go and tell someone else to fix it b/c im out ideas......i hit a curb....bent something......i replaced the lower control arm.....thought it was fine.....its not......i had 215/60s on there.....didnt rub.......i went back to the stock 225/60 size....passenger side tire rubs...b/c thats the side that hit the curb....im thinkin either upper control arm....or a bent strut......but i dont kno how the strut would still work if it was bent.....and........i had the car alighned.....it lined up...but still pullled a little......any ideas?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i was thinkin about it......something like that possibly be a bent k meber......it did bent the lower control arm.....im sure it could have bent the whole piece back.....if it bent the actual arm......i dont think im going to touch anything as it isnt to bad just.....rubs......ever so slightly in the fender....so once i get a 2nd car....

·
Registered
708 Posts
take it to a collision repair shop. they can measure the unibody, suspension mounts, everything, and tell you what moved. How hard do ya hit a curb to bend a control arm?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5mph i hit it at a very nice angle....woulda never happened if all the power in my county hadnt died

1 - 4 of 4 Posts