TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night, around 10:00 I was craving Taco Bell....So I went...I got a #7 and a Steak Grilled Stuffed Burrito...it was great, but here's the thing.

I park, and I am sitting in my car eating. This new, light blue Dodge Caravan parks next to me, with an asian woman driving and a little (like 5 or so) asian boy in the front pass. seat. I glance over, and the woman is sitting there, looking straight ahead, with a blank starte on her face (these people didnt buy food, they just showed up and sat there) The kid however, has both hands on the glass, of the van, face planted against the window almost, if not touching it, STARING at me. I basically tried to ignore this, but then I hear the kid knocking on the glass of the van...trying to get my attention.

This really upset me. Obviously the kid, or both of them where hungry, or at least trying to pretend like they where, but they where driving a brand new car, and the whole situation was strange, so I left. It really upset me that sommebody with a kid would be so irrisponsible....I dont know, I feel bad for not helping these people, but a lot of the reason I left is the way they went about this. If the woman had approached me, and explained her situation (whatever it may have been, I might have (probably would have) helped them out, becuase I do not mind doing stuff like that. But the whole situation really bothered me.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Weird. Maybe they were doing the "exchange". Waiting for the kids dad to show up.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Could have been. How many parents do exchanges on a weekday. Well... lol, if you had a 5 year old jumping around your van, stressing you out, maybe you would have the urge to park and have a serious thought about your life. :D

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
You should have hit on her....maybe she was using the kid as a clever ploy to get your attention.....you walked away from an amazing night and didnt know it.

:cool:

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
With a bumper sticker: "Me love you long time.."

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
LOL, you should have looked back at the kid when he was knocking on the window, you could have seen his "Help me I'm being kidnapped" sign :D

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
oh my god the weirdest thing happened today

I was at the mall

this old lady kept staring at me

I figured there must have been a bomb about to go off

so I left

·
Registered
890 Posts
BlackCat94 said:
oh my god the weirdest thing happened today

I was at the mall

this old lady kept staring at me

I figured there must have been a bomb about to go off

so I left

were you right??? did a bomb go off????

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Not that I know of, but hell, I may have been so far away that I didn't even notice. I just floored the cat out of there and headed due northeast about 600 miles.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
One of my friends, a 5' guy, 19 y.o., Mexican ethnicity. He was waiting out in the car for his friends to get back with the alcohol. Some old woman is staring at him, so he rolls down the window and starts licking it and says, "The snoz berries taste like snoz berries!" I think he was already intoxicated. :D Needless to say, she drove off quickly. :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
haha after being in europe for 2 weeks (5 or so major cities) i wouldn't have thought twice about NOT giving them ****. Whether they're sittin on the street begging or come up to me personally and "explain the situation," im keeping my money.

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
Instead of saying the usual "go get a job" or "leave me alone" tactics to these kinds of people that ask me for money, I like to make up my own stories too.
One kid actually came up to my house yesterday and said that he would like to go back to school and earn his credits and any money I could spare he would appreciate it. My response "Oh no I don't have any money on me right now, I'm trying to pay off my 3 motorcycles."
Mean, I know, but if they can make stuff up then so can I.
To top it off, the kid ended the conversation by asking me if I smoke.
"No."
"Oh, I was just wondering because I was going to ask you for a cigarette."
Speaking of jumping to conclusions.. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts