TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to remove the plastic piece attach to the rear deck, without taking the rear deck piece out. the reason im asking is that, i have a dual 12 inch sub box im going to be putting in my bird. i will probably attach the stock amp to the top of my new box. also how do you get the wires for the cd player that attach to the amp, how do you get them through the back seat.

·
Super Moderator
7,976 Posts
Not sure exactly what you mean about the plastic piece you are trying to remove, but as far as running the wires through the back seat, remove the rear seat bottom, then run under the rear seat bottom, then under the carpet to inside the center console then up behind the dash to the head unit. It is very easy to run the wire this way, and you won't be able to see it at all with the interior back together.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
No tellin about the back panel, but as far as the wires go...

I don't know about the other mn12s, but both of my cougars have this nice plastic wire tray on both sides, under the carpet. The top snaps off, and there is plenty of room.

I ran power for amps, remote wire, and such down the left tray, and all the rcas down the right.

You can follow the trays from the front kickpanel to under the back seat, and run the wires thru into the trunk from there.

A fish tape or bent coathanger to pull wires with is a good tool, if youre too lazy to pull the back seats completely out.

Other general car stereo tips...

Always protect with plastic conduit or wrap any wire a chick in heels might ever step on. Might never happen to you, but a heel like that will cut a speaker wire thru carpet...

Be gentle with the wire. You arent going to break a 2/0 amp wire, but Never tug on a rca cable; it wont work later, especially if you are pissed when you pull on it...

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
chsplayer said:
does anyone know how to remove the plastic piece attach to the rear deck, without taking the rear deck piece out. the reason im asking is that, i have a dual 12 inch sub box im going to be putting in my bird. i will probably attach the stock amp to the top of my new box. also how do you get the wires for the cd player that attach to the amp, how do you get them through the back seat.
you mean the pacakge tray. Yes.....

on the passenger side, there azre two bolts that are held in with nuts on the top of the rear shelf under the carpeting. They are 8mm......it only take a few threads to get it out...

On the driver side, its held in with a plastic grommet with clips, when you pull the metal retaining clips down, that side will hang....take out whatever is in the tray and yank down hard to get the tray loose. You will need to relocate whatever was in the tray...most likely the ABS and/or steering control orifice box.....

sell hte tray to one of us, because it can be of use to someone looking to do something low key with an aftermarket amp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts