TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure what to put this under bit feel free to move. since iv lowered the bird I just realized this happening. it's lowered 1.5 with eibachs and the front wheels are 18x9 with 245 40 on them. when backing up and the wheel is cranked all the way to either side I get like a rubbing or something. it like skips is all I can describe it. not a continuious rubbing but like a rubbing and builds up then let's loose runs builds up let's loose. only when cranked all the way to one sidehappens to both sides. haven't noticed it when moving forward but haven't looked into it or looked at it yet any Ideas? do I just have to live with it from being lowered?

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Does it sound like its from the front or rear? The only thing i can think of off of the top of my head is worn suspension components. Mainly the front uca to frame stabilizer. There are bushings on that bar that fail and cause the whole wheel and shock assembly to move back and forth, causing the rubbing. Its actually called a strut rod bushing. I would say fo check out the suspension first and take some pics so i can see :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to check it out today. def in the front and only while cranked all the way to one side or he other, on both sides. same thing. UCAs are new. new shocks springs LCAs strut bar end links. just about everything but I'll check it all out. just kinda
hard when it's like 10 degrees out haha

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Yeah I meant LCA's. Make sure you check the bushings at the LCA AND at the front of the strut rod. They might look good, another way to test them is to park your car next to something reflective (like a building with LARGE glass windows) so you can see your wheel, then put the car in drive and start moving then use the break. If you can see the wheel move slightly they are bad. Try it in reverse also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts