TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using my brothers cat while my bird is down:mad: anyway the car lacks power hard core when you push it down if you slowly roll onto the gas it will put you in your place. also to day I drove it for the first time in 3 days and it was idling great then I put it in drive and it dies and I think wtf did it 4 or 5 more times:confused: so I rest my foot on the gas to raise the rmp's up just a hair and when it caught it went and ran fine anyone have a idea of whats up:confused:

·
Registered
882 Posts
How does that song by offspring go? "shes got issues and they are all the wrong kind".

Yeah, it did that stall out thing to me, but, only when cold.

Its gay there.....

I think a cat is plugged.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Specs on the car is:

94 coug, 4.6, about 122k miles.

I think the timing chains stretched and may have thrown off cam timing, but, if I ter that far into it, I will drop in an explorer motor:)

·
Super Moderator
12,233 Posts
i say its as simple as a dirty maf.....when you mash the throttle, the computer goes into open-loop instantly and only uses the maf signal to control spark and A/F ratio....if the maf is dirty, then you will obviously be running the wrong spark and air/fuel ratio for the actual airflow that the engine is consuming in reality, but the compuer may not know it..........and when you roll into it, the computer is probably still in closed-loop and using the O2 sensors (and the fuel corrections provided there-in) in conjunction with the maf signal to maintain 14.64 A/F ratio up until it exits closed-loop

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I just cleaned it a month ago but will look into that again I clean too many mafs

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.