TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well have a look at my motor compared to a stock one and let me know what I screwed up:

Stock:

Mine:

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
motor mount plates are on upside down

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you had to guess how much you think my motor is up compared to how it should be?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
inch 2 inch?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And if you kept them on the correct side, the engine would have to be moved back a fair bit too. Can't tell from the pic.
well the upper intake manifold wouldn't fit on because it was hitting the wiper cowl lol

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
thats nothing to do with the engine mounts i have that issue too

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is how it was with them upside down lol

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Going for wireless ignition I see?
I will DIS it one of these days! It will be the only one of these with coil overs before im done thanks.:tongue:

Back to the matter at hand (remember that was a hood issue posted some time ago) I obviously have the stock hood on there but I did have to shim the brackets 3/4" to allow the hood to close lessening the likelihood of developing unintentional hood speed bumps. I hate it but it works for now.

·
Super Moderator
3,631 Posts
I will DIS it one of these days! It will be the only one of these with coil overs before im done thanks.:tongue:

Back to the matter at hand (remember that was a hood issue posted some time ago) I obviously have the stock hood on there but I did have to shim the brackets 3/4" to allow the hood to close lessening the likelihood of developing unintentional hood speed bumps. I hate it but it works for now.
You know what sucks? Our "slab of bacon" intake that hides all of your other pretty powdercoating work. You should ditch that and get the BBK intake so you can see more of that purdy engine bay.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
summit racing

·
Registered
110 Posts
nevermind, I found them.

For some reason, I cannot get my 5.0L upper to fit on the 351W truck lower, it's like the fuel rails are in the way or something. Any ideal?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.