TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night I asked my girlfriend of 2 years to marry me. I asked her at our local Starbucks as we both love Starbucks. I got a couple girls to film it and I made a video, and thought I would share it with you guys

I also don't know why, but I can't embed this video. So I just am posting a link. If anyone has an idea how to embed or fix it let me know. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bjql25qIiU

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3bjql25qIiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

C.Hill

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Here ya go...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3bjql25qIiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Congrats! Going to be tying the knot as well in about 7 months.

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Congratulations! :zbeer:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Congrats to you both!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Congrats!

Recommendation:
* If you've got extra discretionary funds (aka spending money) as a single man now, realize that this will change once you get married. Your money will no longer be your own. If there's some silly toy that you can afford and really want to own but haven't gotten around to buying it, consider buying it now (vs. closer to your wedding date when the bills/deposits start being required). It happens to most everyone I know (well, except for one friend who got married because he knocked her up -- he knew where his money had to go at that point). One friend found that his lone rusty 22LR need some friends (namely an AK, 1911, and coach gun). Another bought a quadrocopter. A third fixed up his grandpa's mustang that was rusting in his garage and bought another electric guitar. I didn't understand this until it happened to me. Now, I'm not suggesting you spend your honeymoon or mortgage money on toys BUT it's a LOT easier to buy said toy when your paycheck is still entirely your own ("is that a new ?????; I don't know how much that costs but I'm sure you could have bought blah-blah-blah from Williams-Sonoma instead.")

Of course, you will eventually become deaf to such protestations and then it's back to business as usual :)

-g

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Congrats!

Recommendation:
* If you've got extra discretionary funds (aka spending money) as a single man now, realize that this will change once you get married. Your money will no longer be your own. If there's some silly toy that you can afford and really want to own but haven't gotten around to buying it, consider buying it now (vs. closer to your wedding date when the bills/deposits start being required). It happens to most everyone I know (well, except for one friend who got married because he knocked her up -- he knew where his money had to go at that point). One friend found that his lone rusty 22LR need some friends (namely an AK, 1911, and coach gun). Another bought a quadrocopter. A third fixed up his grandpa's mustang that was rusting in his garage and bought another electric guitar. I didn't understand this until it happened to me. Now, I'm not suggesting you spend your honeymoon or mortgage money on toys BUT it's a LOT easier to buy said toy when your paycheck is still entirely your own ("is that a new ?????; I don't know how much that costs but I'm sure you could have bought blah-blah-blah from Williams-Sonoma instead.")

Of course, you will eventually become deaf to such protestations and then it's back to business as usual :)

-g
Ha ha! So true. Been married for 13 years now and that about sums it up. Oh, and watch the credit cards!!! If she has a bunch of cards w/ huge balances on them, now you get to help pay them off as well, lol... Don't ask how I know :D

Luckily I can usually justify my parts buying. Usually upgrade while I'm doing it. Like the longtube headers that will be going on our 03 CV Sport when the stock exhaust bites the dust ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts