TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha just kidding! Or am I? ;) But yea, I'm turning 18 this Saturday. :) I've been wanting to fix my car up but my step-dad has been extremely busy and I can't do it myself so it's just been sitting out front. If you didn't know I converted from ABS to conventional and it needs some brake pads and some small stuff but the car runs great for having nearly 200k miles on it! :D

But yes I'm wanting some stuff for my car for my Bday, what would you guys suggest? I can drive just fine and have been for a year now, so performance enhancing stuff is cool too. (even though I think I'd rather go for "flashy" stuff right now) I was thinking about having my car painted black, because my paint is scuffed up and rusted a little. That plus it has faded a lot from being in Florida its whole life. :) But yeah sorry for the long topic I don't make threads often and nobody likes to talk to me about my car so I drop it all on you guys...hope you don't mind. :)

Oh yeah, I've been driving an overheating purple Mark VIII for the last month or so lol. My friend left his car here while he moved and said I can use it. What a piece, haha. I drove his old maroon one and it was great, but this one has obvious tranny problems and only runs on 7 cylinders. :eek:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I think I could manage to scrape up enough to get you a "tornado"....:D

Happy B-Day!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not in a hurry to get older. :( But it happens to everyone and I'm going to make the best of it. :)

Yeah the Blue Angel shows are amazing on the beach here. Have you ever been to one?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Are you asking me? Umm, I probably know Pensacola better than you! LOL. Since I have been stationed there a few times for school.

I was Leading Petty Officer for an Air Show in Patuxent River Maryland when we had our Airshow that they participated in. #4 Declared an emergency, so we had to high tail it out there to derig the arresting gear. So, I have a little experience with them.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha that's cool. Yeah I've lived here my entire life so I know it pretty well. ;)

Well, my mom told me to wait until I turned 18 to find a job so I could drive myself. So I have, now she tells me they won't help me with insurance until I get a job and I need to find one. I should have been told this while I've been doing nothing. :p

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Saturday was my Bday, and now I'm legal. I fixed my car up yesterday, fixed the pistol calibers (iirc thats what they are called, they were sticking) and bleed the breaks again, put new pads on them, and fixed my tire. After all this, we go to start it and figure out my battery is dead. :eek: We can get one for free so I'm just waiting until Tuesday. Then I'll have it all legal and whatnot soon after and I'll finally be driving my bird after having been around it for 6 years. :tongue:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts