TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have read through tons of threads and have picked up alot. i am plannng my build up, but i figure it will be best to set the drivetrain up for more power. this is the plan, please any advie is appreciated.

have a line on a pumpkin rear, needs 3.73 gears ( since i drive 100 miles a day )
j mod current trans/ maybe get one from greenleaf
t/c, PI stallion, marauder? which will be good for street driving/ occasional track time
where to get a driveshaft?
also while its all apart i plan to do the differential bushings and any other maintenance/upgrade

how does all this sound to yall? i will be going from 3.27 to 3.73, so no chip needed correct? i want to save for the superchip tuner. will my stock ecu be ok with a new t/c ? once the drivetrain is set i will do a PI swap, or depending on money may go to an 02' explorer motor. not sure yet. may push the stock block till it breaks. does it sound like i am on the right track? if i left anything out or you think of something to do better, let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi,

You dont need a chip for the gears if you do the j-mod. Without the j-mod you MAY be hitting the rev limiter on the shifts. My car does this once in every 5 shifts or so... Didnt do it with J-mod when I had my old transmission.

Poly differential bushings are a good idea, www.mn12performance.com is one source for em.

I dont know about TC, I have a mark 8 transmission, and the TC is loose enough for me.

-Andrey

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else have input on torque converters etc. i am considering a turbo setup so what kind of gearing do you think i best?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts