TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have a current source for the weatherstriping seal around the glass?

Dealer said "no way."

Mine's getting brittle. I'm noticing wind noise on the freeway with it closed, so it can't be sealing completely. No leaks yet, but those summer monsoon thunderstorms will be on the way soon. :)

That is all...

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can get an OEM weather strip from: Kelley's Sunroof Parts, Loughlin, NV, telephone#1-888-298-8140 or 702-298-3166.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sbatman said:
You can get an OEM weather strip from: Kelley's Sunroof Parts, Loughlin, NV, telephone#1-888-298-8140 or 702-298-3166.
sbatman,

Thanks a lot! Read a while back where sources were drying up. I certainly will give them a call. The increased wind noise driving down the freeway is a clue that it won't last too much longer.

That is all...

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
you can get a ford one too , but they are pricey , the a.s.s hat behind the counter you asked doesnt know

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jk89cat said:
you can get a ford one too , but they are pricey , the a.s.s hat behind the counter you asked doesnt know
Thanks, I'll try a Dealer closer to Atlanta. The parts guy at the local dealer (who was excellent) isn't around much anymore. Semi-retired I guess. The "noob" may indeed need a window for a belly button to see where he's going. :)

Thanks for the help guys!

That is all...

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
pn is f4sz.6351884.a msrp is 209. 70

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jk89cat said:
pn is f4sz.6351884.a msrp is 209. 70
Thanks for the P/N. Just checked at parts.com (Bob Utter Ford in Texas). They have it for $157.28. The "noob" at my dealership DOES need a window for a belly button.

I still need to call sbatman's source as well. I've had the car so long (bought it new), I forgot until just now that it was dealer installed - my wife just "had to have it". Bought the only new '93 5.oh off the lot I could find in all of metro Atlanta a week or two before the '94's showed up. Had an '89 T'Bird that I rolled over with only one payment left. :mad: Had to get a set of wheels. This one IS paid off and still in one piece.

Do want to make sure it will fit. It does look identical in size to a factory roof... only difference is the toggle button shape, and it was wired with an extra switch that will allow it to stay open when the ignition is off.

I was told it was the same as the factory installed roof, but you know automobile salezmen... if they're lips are moving, odds are they're lying. :)

I do appreciate it. Thanks again!

That is all...

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Check out the threads in this search....

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/search.php?searchid=367094

Webasto makes the sunroff, and offers the seals for a much lower price

Here's one post from the search results

"Webasto's aftermarket division still sells replacement rubber gaskets that fit our sunroof. 1-800-860-7866 is the number for their order desk. Tell them it is the Starlite 6 gasket #S1286-D5010A. That may be the OE number so they will cross reference it for the aftermarket rubber one. While you are at it, it is well worth it to replace the lifter arms at the same time. S1289-W-3000A and S1289-W-3001A are the two numbers for those. They were $9 and change each and fixed the rattle I had every time I hit a bump."

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rolling-Thunder said:
Check out the threads in this search....

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/search.php?searchid=367094

Webasto makes the sunroff, and offers the seals for a much lower price

Here's one post from the search results

"Webasto's aftermarket division still sells replacement rubber gaskets that fit our sunroof. 1-800-860-7866 is the number for their order desk. Tell them it is the Starlite 6 gasket #S1286-D5010A. That may be the OE number so they will cross reference it for the aftermarket rubber one. While you are at it, it is well worth it to replace the lifter arms at the same time. S1289-W-3000A and S1289-W-3001A are the two numbers for those. They were $9 and change each and fixed the rattle I had every time I hit a bump."
I thought I read a thread over at SCCoA a short while back that said Webasto wasn't selling them or didn't have them any more. Of course I was also told by the dealer that they couldn't be had anymore. :) I'll give them a call tomorrow... running your post to the printer now and adding it to the phone numbers and part number above.

Thanks for the tip on the lifter arms. I noticed getting out of the car today that when I closed the driver's door, the moonroof popped up slightly for a second. Something's getting loose in there me thinks. No rattling yet, but somethin's amiss.

Thanks to everyone for all the help and numbers.

With no replys a day or two after I first posted, I figured I'd have to end up trying to make something myself, or weld it shut. Those summer thunderbumper monsoons are a comin'. :)

That is all...

·
Registered
2 Posts
sunroof weather strip

The lead I gave you is for the same company that originally mfg the sunroofs for Ford. I bought my replacement weather strip for $48.00 with 12.96 S&H., this was in Feb 05.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yesterday I ordered a Starlite 6 gasket sunroof seal from Webasto (800) 860-7866 for my 1993 Thunderbird.

Part number S1590-E-5010C-A cost $15.15 + shipping.

Interesting enough, I had priced the same part through "The Sunroof Doctor" for $ 36.60 + shipping.

when I gave the Webasto agent the part number he replied "this is for a sunroof seal for the Starlite 4-6 series.

·
Registered
608 Posts
on the topic of sunroofs, if i were to have one installed, would it compromise the structural integrity of the car? and will having stb and rtlb installed damage it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts