TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could (should) post this in my first thread about who has the adapters to do rear hub bearings, but I need an answer fast. I found a way to use the press at work to change these...so I got the new bearing in, and all back together, but it appears (judging by how loose it feels and the scoring on the inner race) that the hub spun in the bearing and is ruined. The knuckle appears fine, the new bearing is fine, I just need the center part where the axle goes through...this is loose inside the bearing and I need to know if anyone has ever found these to be avaiable from a local nationwide parts chain or whatever. Ford does not stock them (duh). If not, I'll just have to get one used, and hope it's good...which is what I would normally do instead of asking on here, but I need the car soon.

TIA

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Gonne have to get that from ford. I have some good used knuckles but I'm not going to take them apart for the hub.
Alan

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevermind, I got it all fixed up. Drove around, did a manly-sized burnout, and pretty much gave it hell, then brought it home and all was well when I rechecked. Thanks again...off to get some grub now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts