TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at buying a pair of 2002 Jag S Type 17x7.5 chrome rims off my buddy for $350. I know the offset on the Jag rims is 60mm. What size spacers should I be looking at? 1/4, 1/2 inch, etc?

Thoughts on the rims? Not sure how they would look on a bird.

Also, anybody know anything about RSL rims? My buddy's got an offer for a set of RSL Mase rims 18x7.5 w/42mm offset for his 93 XR7 and wanted to know if they were good rims or not.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
What's the offset?
I'm running LS wheels and I need 1/4" spacers up front to clear the spindle... and it just barely clears.
Do NOT buy those universal aftermarket spacers. Have some custom machined.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The Jag S Type rims have a 60 mm offset. I was looking at www.wheelspacers.com

I was also considering a set of 18x7.5 with a 45mm offset because I was quoted at $200 (alum). I'm not sure how 18s with 255/45/18s would look, would there be enough space in the wheel well? I don't want to scrape tire on plastic every time I hit a bump... With a 45mm offset, would there be a lot of vibration to loosen the bolts? +/- 6mm is pretty much the max, but at +6, would the lugs vibrate loose constantly?

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
The custom machined spacers I have for mine are great.
I drove on them for 5,000 miles and none of the lugs needed to be tightened. I feel pretty safe with them.
I do, however, have a vibration at interstate speeds. I sacrifice ride quality for looks. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts