TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading on here and ive read so many old threads about this but they all seem to have conflicting information. I want to do this right.

I know that I need spacers but what size? Ive read where some people have used 1/4 inch and had no problems. Ive read where 1/4 inch isnt enough and 5/16ths or 3/8s had to be used. Which is correct?

Ive read where using 5/16ths will push the wheel off of the hub and that these wheels use the hub for balancing and weight bearing. But ive read where people are using these spacers for some time and dont have any problems with them.

What do I need to correctly do this?

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
I ran LS wheels on my '96 for about three years.
The spacers were custom machined out of round stock aluminum to precisely fit the hub and lug pattern on the MN12.
I never had any problems whatsoever - I upgraded to the XR7 7-spoke wheels last spring, so the LS wheels are just sitting around.
I may consider selling the spacers (set of four) and the LS wheel lug nuts, if you're interested.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw where you had the 16's, I have the 17's. I dont know if the lugs are the same, but im interested.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bumping this to let you know that im still interested.

·
Registered
362 Posts
5/16 at least needed you may get by with less. I had mine whittled as well no problems much better that universal fit crap. But the Chrome LS 17s look killer.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cougarcragar - you have a PM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts