Did you tried that set?
Hello!
So, what I did
I bought (in Russia)
  • 2 set of MOOG K8658 (2 bushing front and rear from knuckle to arm) - 70$
  • 2 MOOG K8562 (bushing from arm to frame) - 80$
  • 2 MOOG K8588 (upper from knuckle to arm) - 45$
And I bought in USA this one
Now it’s going to me by post, I hope there would be week or two.

so, if I correct, there’s enough (I can’t find little compensation ends. But I think I just use old one. The main problem was with bushing from frame to arm, they worn out and broken

sorry for my English, now I in hospital with COVID with 85% damage of my lungs. It’s difficult to me now just thinking on native language, and thinking in English is more difficult :)

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,009 Posts
Ditto. Hope you're doing well!

·
Registered
Ford Thunderbird '91 3.8 AT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Guys, hello! Thanks! I am already doing better, I was discharged from the hospital with 50% lung damage, and I am slowly recovering. Its hard to do anything now, but its better than the hospital, in 2-3 weeks I will already recover to do ordinary household chores and repair cars
The last parts on the suspension (polyurethane bushings for the levers) are due to arrive on Monday in my town, so I will deal with the suspension soon =)
The other day I bought it remotely Mercury Cougar LS '89 they loaded it onto a tow truck for me, and should bring it tonight. Im live in Moscow, the car is in Saint Petersburg (750 kilometrs between cities)
The funny thing is that I bought it for a case of beer. For a person, he stood in the repair shop for several years and interfered, took up extra space. So i dont know yet what todo with this cougar, it has problem with documents, so maybe it would be a donor for my T-Bird)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Glad to hear you are doing better man! Glad to see you got another one. I would recommend a drift missile for the new car.
I am always surprised about how many MN12s have been exported. Especially to Russia, I have seen more there than probably anywhere else. But there are a few in the UAE, a couple European pages on FB and IG dedicated to them, a few in Japan, and one guy in China on FB has one. Though he stopped posting roughly a year ago.

It amazes me how far these "forgotten" have traveled.

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,009 Posts
Glad to hear you are on the mend! I'm partial to Black Cougars, so I'd say refurbish it. I so understand in your circumstances where it may make sense to part it out.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
TBH, the Delrin set I have was for a Cobra; it was a company making them that closed them out for something like $15 or $5 (Ask Matt, he may remember.) So I'll still need a toe compensator. Or at least the bushing from one.

RwP
If those are the Drop Engineering set, they don't fit. I bought a set as well and tried them. Ended up selling them way back in 2015.

·
Registered
Ford Thunderbird '91 3.8 AT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If those are the Drop Engineering set, they don't fit. I bought a set as well and tried them. Ended up selling them way back in 2015.
My set looks like this)

I think I should create a post in the appropriate Chapter so as not to flood here)
But in short, he had clean documents, without bans, unpaid taxes and other things. But the body is sad, big holes in the floor, dents on the body, it was repainted about 4 times. Under the putty, layers of blue, white, and red paint were revealed :D But i think it was a great deal to exchange a car for a crate of beer
this is not an easy life for old American cars in Russia :D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts