TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
20,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Matt did you ever fully solve this?
Not exactly, I got it to stop pulling spark so the car performs ok but it took maxing out the borderline table so the EEC goes off max allowed table instead. It’s a band aid solution for the time being but at least it drives ok.

Rereading some of this, Matt, I would say go back to your MAF transfer function and get that dialed in before you go down the rabbit hole of your spark issues. We both know how much the rest of the tables and functions in the PCM rely on the MAF transfer function reflecting reality. :)
I agree that I definitely need to get that addressed but I still think the PCM itself may corrupt, even if it’s not ultimately I’d rather start WB tuning on one that isn’t suspect.

As you saw the load is way off, going into boost territory beyond where the spark table reads and that made me experiment a bit, changing canned transfer functions (didn’t help) and even changing the x and y norms and copying in the numbers straight off of a 03 Cobra table so at least I could see if staying in resolution with the MAF would help or not, and it didn’t with Borderline, switching over to Max Allowed however did.

My car’s about to be down for the season, I won’t likely be revisiting this until early spring

·
Super Moderator
11,921 Posts
I'm wondering if I can build a test station that could test an eec for functionality; or even find someone to send it to for refurbishing.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts