TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hell of a write up, shame i wasnt here a month (or year) ago, wouldve saved me a massive headache figuring out wires were drowned. That what length to what plug is a nice to have as well. As far as plugs not coming pre gapped, most do, some dont, some manufacturers go to greater lenghts than others to make sure they dont get fubar'd in the package. My motorcraft fancium sparkalators were all gapped about .056" which seemed like a bit much but it seems to like em.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Are AGSF-32FM plugs single or double platinum? I get conflicting information. I know the PP plugs do not exist, and the plug numbers changed. If not, what is a true double platinum for these cars?

I've got 30k on the 32FM's, and I am part way in there already, thinking about changing them. The one I pulled looks pretty good, one dark spot on one side of the ceramic. The original PP's, at 65k, looked pretty rough when I changed them 5 yrs ago, and the difference in throttle response was noticeable afterwards.

I've always changed plugs at 30k in our other MN-12's, but I used Autolite 103 copper plugs.

Thanks,
Al

·
Super Moderator
12,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Our cars have a waste spark system; any of the "fancy" plugs will wear like hell on one side.
Copper plugs need to be dressed with a file every 10k miles.
Double platinum plugs will last 100k on a near stock car.

Reactions: GreenT

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,388 Posts
I ran E3 on my 95 cougar, there was no difference in ET.
Its all hype, I ran them because they had a great rebate and I thought they would help a few tenths in the quarter mile.

·
Premium Member
1997 Thunderbird LX Sport
163 Posts
I ran E3 on my 95 cougar, there was no difference in ET.
Its all hype, I ran them because they had a great rebate and I thought they would help a few tenths in the quarter mile.
Thank you for the info. They have rave review after review (lots of hype) so I did wonder how they performed.

·
Premium Member
1997 Thunderbird LX Sport
163 Posts
Our cars have a waste spark system; any of the "fancy" plugs will wear like hell on one side.
Copper plugs need to be dressed with a file every 10k miles.
Double platinum plugs will last 100k on a near stock car.
I already got them from Amazon last week but wanted thoughts on them.

I ordered 8 and got 7. Informed Amazon and they were supposed to send 1, but they sent 5 more so now I have enough for a v12.

Green T is an extra, extra car. Probably driven less than 4k per year. So I think I should get a few years out of the new plugs.

·
Super Moderator
12,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The one thing I have learned on our cars, is to stay away from plugs with a thin center electrode. I've destroyed those in 20k miles; it wears below the center insulator, which will start breaking off.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts