TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What plugs would you recommend for a '93 Mark VIII? I know most people seem to recommend the Autolite 764s but I got a bit confused when I went to Summit Racing online and seen that they have the Autolite FRM-764 that has a .807" reach while almost all the other plugs that I'm seeing for that engine have a .708" reach. I don't want to go ahead and order the Autolites and end up having a piston slam into it.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I put motorcraft fine wire plats. in all of my cars with no complaints, I buy them at my local autozone and they are typically $1.50 each or something like that, cheap and reliable. Don't ever trust that they are "pre-gapped" because that couldn't be further from the truth.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
What plugs would you recommend for a '93 Mark VIII? I know most people seem to recommend the Autolite 764s but I got a bit confused when I went to Summit Racing online and seen that they have the Autolite FRM-764 that has a .807" reach while almost all the other plugs that I'm seeing for that engine have a .708" reach. I don't want to go ahead and order the Autolites and end up having a piston slam into it.
Just go with motorcraft and be done with it. Verify all gaps cause they can change if the boxes get bumped. Plats are fine, but I like coppers because they conduct electricity a bit better. Yes, you do have to change them more often. The plats are there to say yeah, leave the plugs in for 100K miles. Good luck getting them out after all that time.

Gap plats with care, they are pretty fragile. Only bend the bottom electrode. Never touch the point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts