TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, it's plug time again. Only got about 15,000 miles out of my -12c coppers. some folks have been using the AGSF12FM1 platinums from the Lightning in their 4.6s. Every time i change my plugs I'm paranoid about getting dirt in the cylinders or stripping the plug holes in the aluminum head, so I would like to lengthen my plug changing intervals. I always vacuum and blow them out, but it still bugs me.

Anyone use these Lightning plugs on their 4.6? Do they look similar? Any fitment problems with plug boots? Any driveability problems? How are they holding up (more than 10 to 15k miles)?

My '97 Bird is pretty mild with just a Reinhart chip, 180 stat, and the -12c copper plugs.

B

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Beuller... Beuller...

I've seen that it is mostly the blower guys running these. I'm wondering if I'll see any problems on a mildly modded NPI application.
Dan N says he's selling a lot of them.

B

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
They have an irridium center electrode, and are used with a .044 gap on the blower motors.... I just switched from denso Irridium plugs costing over twice the price... at 15 k, they (Densos)had worn the negative electrode down about .005 ... not real good life, but ok till you consider the price.... I vaccuum the area around the holes, pull each plug, then vac the hole with an itty-bitty vac wand... apply antisieze to the new plugs threads, and turn it in at least 1 turn backward to "feel" the seat before screwing them down, but not too tight!...If you want plug durability.... just buy the autolites with the pp designator at the end of the part no. and youll get the double platinum ones which last longest in our waste spark systems. (figure about 30 k plus) I dont expect a lot higher life out of the ford plugs than the densos , but they seem a bit cooler, and run pretty good on my rig.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
I had the plugs gaped at .040-.041 but I found that my car would ocasionaly blow out the spark under high load and low rpm so I gaped them to .35 and that solved the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts