TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has had 2 step colder plugs in it (AWSF 12C) and when I ordered plugs, what was sent was AGSF 12FM. Have the numbers changed recently? Or was I sent the wrong plugs? And if they are wrong, can they be used without a re-tune?

Thanks
-Melon

·
Registered
237 Posts
I take it this is on the DOHC car? Is it naturally aspirated? I started typing up a comment, and then realized that I've never owned a NA Ford car.:D So unless it's supercharged or turbo'd I really don't have a lot of experience. Generally speaking, however, if you're not having detonation issues, don't worry about running a cooler plug. If your tune is on the lean side, you could try to run a cooler plug to keep from detonating, but for a street application I would go with a more conservative tune, and a plug that idles better. I know this doesn't answer the question on the plug number, but it may give some insight on the tune side of the house.

Mike

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure on the tune, and yep - it's for the DOHC car and it's still N/A :D

-Melon

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the 12FM plugs that I got are good to use then? I'd rather the tune not be off and potentially harm the car.

This is good news to me :) The weather is beautiful and I may do this tonight.

-Melon

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good cuz they are now in the car :D

I'll see how these do and maybe go with copper next time? I didn't have the 91 running long enough to judge (nor did I like changing the plugs in that) spark plugs. But changing them in the DOHC isn't so bad.

-Melon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts