TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know which spark plug would be better. I am looking to replace the plugs on a ford fusion. They have autolite iridiums for 7 bucks which they have in stock. They also have motorcraft for 8 bucks which they would have to special order and they also have NGK for 14 bucks which it says is oem. Are autolites any good. They didn't say how long the service life of the plug is while the motorcraft says 100k. The car presently has 97k on it and i would like to do this as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for any help or input you guys can give me.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Don't know what year or engine it is, but Autolite Iridiums are probably good plugs for it.

They are 4.5x on Rock Auto for the for most Fusion engines, and there is a 2.50 a plug rebate, so 2 bucks a piece.

I assume this is the same one you asked about the transmission fluid and got some really bad advice, so take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So sorry it is a 2.3 litre 4 cylinder. I figured that autolite would be good since i see it mentioned on this forum. How many miles do you think i can get out of the autolites. Once again thank you i really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Autolite "rates" the XP Iridium as a 7 year life. To compare that, they rate the double platinum at 5 years, and single platinum at 4 years.

I have ran them for 100,000 in my 00 Grand Marquis. They were worn but not excessively so.

and the new little soldiers in formation ready to take their place

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I will be getting them and installing them this weekend. I really appreciate you taking the time to provide me with this information. Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I can't say anything about Autolite. I know that Hondas don't generally like them. I was tempted to use them in my Bird a little while ago, but I ended up getting the Motorcraft ones instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts