TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This problem only started happening about 3 weeks after i replaced all 4 speakers to some pioneer 6x8's. I will be driving down the road and randomly all 4 speakers will stop making sound. They do nothing, total silence. I figured out that i can fix it by banging on my passenger door panel or opening and closing the door. It is really becoming a problem because it is happening more often. Ive checked the back of the head unit and everything seems to be connect right.

Also every since I replaced the passenger door speaker even though it is brand new it will still crackle and rattle like the old one did. I have noticed that ever since i replaced the speakers i never put the door panels back on right because it is a PIA and i would get pissed and walk away. Could that be the problem of the speakers turning off?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had this happen to me. I believe it was the speaker wire and or terminal on the speaker touching metal. The speakers would play then go out. I took the speaker out and it actually had to be rotated then reinstalled. Problem fixed!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I agree with OTOWNBIRD sounds like a short( metal on metal action lol) maybe even a splice in the wire somewhere. As for that crackle in the same speaker location I would start to question the radios channels and again check the wires. run 2 wires from the radio for that channel to the speaker to eliminate the wiring that came with the car so this way you will know for sure if its your cars wiring or your radio. If its not the wiring hook up the stock wiring again and try another head unit.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
well....if all 4 suddenly cut out, then you need to pull the headunit and inspect the harness to make sure its not grounding out on anything AND check all of the speaker connections.

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
If one speaker grounds out on a high power deck, with bridged outputs, the whole chip that drives the speakers (inside the deck) will turn off to keep from blowing.

That's probably what is happening.

10 years ago, you would be returning the deck, and having it blow again when you replaced it...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem solved. I took off the passenger door panel and taped up the wires real good. I also covered where the connectors are attached to the speakers just in case it might of been touching something. I fixed the rattle by bending the clips on the mesh screen on the panel down more because I noticed it was loose. Tommorow ill pull the deck just to check and see if everything is connected nice a good.

Thanks for the help. :headbang:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts