TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was doing the UCA the other nite, i noticed the lower "perch" if you will on the front shocks for the front springs.

i see the spring rests on this perch and the top part is held secure by the rubber shock mounts, which i know bolts onto the shock itself

well.. my front bilsteins don't have those little perches, so do i have to use the OE perches or what???

someone let me know please, i was going to go have the new combo pressed together, but i don't have the perches so don't know what to do...

lemme know guys

JD

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
U have to use the stock assembly and you i believe have to cut out the stock shock relieve the pressure remove the stock shock and insert the Koni into it correct me any one if i'm wrong

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umm...not installing the Koni inserts.. i want to install my new front Bilstein shocks...

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
James,

Mine came with the perches that you mentioned, they were in a bag with the 3 other parts, a nut, a rubber donut bushing and a small round metal plate. The perch is seperate and slides down the shock to a stop line embossed on the shock.

Joe

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

hehehehe i'm a loser... . what are those other two things i pointed out?? the rubber piece was IN the perch.. but obviously, it don't go there...

lemme know

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
When JDs number shows up on my missed calls list, I know the shizznit hit the fan. I believe that donut is supposed to take the place of big *** foam one you already have. I think JL mentioned when Cylum busted his Bilstein on the outstanding Hillsborough county highways that it is best to reuse the factory honkin foam bushing and washer/dust cover boot thingy. Are my technical terms such as honkin, thingy, and donut making sense? I believe they are supposed to go in place of the exsting ones.....

joseph

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lmao JOE.. heheheh that was for my question of HOW THE F*** DID YOU GUYS GET THAT DAMN PASSENGER SIDE NUT OFF W? THE ACCUMULATOR IN THE WAY??

in caps... and of course.. the stupid ratcheting wrench don't fit... hell.. it took me less time to take that stupid power steering bolt out w/ a 10mm wrench..

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
Joe,

Thanks for straightening that out for me also! :) The ones I got with mine are actually different, the rubber and the round metal piece. Good thing I don't need them.

Joe

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Joe..

did your dog die or something??

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
yeah. she caught a fungal intenstinal disease. It is/was gradual, progressive and terminal..So, i couldnt let her suffer anymore, she had to go bye bye......

joseph

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shyt.. sorry man..

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I remember not having any idea where all the stuff that came with the shocks belonged until after I got the old shocks off the car and taken apart. And now over a year later, I don't have any recollection of what I did with the stuff that came with the shocks.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey thanks for the LACK OF USEFUL INFORMATION YOU BUM hehehehe j/k

i figure i'll take everything to a local shop and have them compressed together.. looks pretty easy to install.. one bolt on bottom.. 3 nuts on top.. thats it.. then back to the alignment shop.. joy hehehhe

and after the UCA's not wanting to come out.. hell.. that lower bolt will be a cakewalk.. if not.. hacksaw baby....

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I did use the nut they provided and I did re use the stock dust cover :D

How is that for useful information?

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hahaha lmao

too bad.. i want to paint the dust cover BLUE first.. oh well..

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I thought about it, but it had a good bumble bee look going with the black plastic dust cover and the eibach spring.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TTT

ok, doing front shocks/springs tomorrow..

i am "hopefully" ordering a rear addco bar tomorrow since my rear links are GONE

the book says to remove the sway bar when changing springs, so i figure now is as good a time as any

it is safe to run bilsteins and a 1" drop on front w/ sport shocks/springs on back for like a week right??

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
you dont have to remove the rear sway bar when changing the back springs you can just disconnect the rear end links

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what links??

:D

don't matter.. just an excuse to the girl as to why it needs to be changed :D

but if it don't need to be removed.. then i'll just try to do the rear as well and do the bar later on

but, CAN the FRONT only be done and wait a WEEK to do the REAR?

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
jamesD said:
what links??

:D

don't matter.. just an excuse to the girl as to why it needs to be changed :D
I think you have to replace the rear pumpkin and driveshaft when you do that. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts