TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to put an explorer engine into a 94 tbird you need the fiel rails from a 97 bird 4.6L. Will the explorers fuel rails work? i am having trouble trying to find used fuel rails. The dealer wants $238 for these 97 fuel rails and i would like to spend 1/2 that for something else that will work. Or does anyone know where i can find some? I haven been unable to locate them on the internet going through junk yards and the locals dont have them either..

will a 97 bird oil pan fit onto an 02 explorer engine? Will a 94 4.6L fit.. I think that the oil pan on the explorer engine wont work because its too deep or soemthing i dont remeber why i thought it wont work. Does anyone know about this issue?

Putting 2003 cobra t-56 6 speed manual trans into 94 bird. The trans is supposed to hook up electrically to a spedo because its magnetic and sends a signol. The spedometer on a 94 4.6L is a mechanical guage. Any suggestions on converting this? i dont mind gettin a little away from the stock instrument pannel but i dont want just the spedo to look all different than the other instruments.. How do i find out what choices i have of spedos that will work or convert this somehow. I dont know what im getting into here so any advice will be great..

Thanks, chris

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
The explorer swap is pretty well documented here, just do a search and you should find plenty of stuff. Porkchop wrote a nice writeup recently.

As far as the tranny, I'm not sure about the whole speedo issue, but you are going to have some hurdles to overcome with the shifter location... as in your shifter will likely be somewhere in the dashboard. The mustang manual trannys are too short for the MN12s. I remember seeing some discussion threads recently about it, and I do believe there are a few T56 MN12s floating around, but I dont recall seeing too much info on them.

good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.