TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost done with removing my heads. Its taken me this long because of work, school, and this shi** weather we've been having here.

But the problem i ran into is trying to remove the bottom head bolts near the exhuast manifold. I'm sure i can get the drive side manifold completely off easily, but the passenger side is a whole other story. :confused: The top bolt that connects the manifold to the pipe is impossible to get to. So i was wondering if removing the stater would help me or is there some other way that would be easier. Also, if the driver side isn't as easy, is there a trick to it as well.

I'm out of options. I tried having someone pry alittle on the manifld to move it just enough to get the socket on, but there just isn't enough free play and I don't want to bend or warp anything.

And help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
swivels are your friend. about 5 bucks at sears for a craftsman swivel. they saved my life taking off my exhaust. Okay well not my life, but they sure helped a lot.
-Thomas

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everythings is clean and ready for re-assmebly. And man were my heads dirty. I polished the heads, re ground the valves and cleaned the seats up. I'm going to have to borrow a torque wrench from a buddy so i can get the heads torqued and the rocker arms. I'm going to them put everything i need on it to start it w/out the accesories. (starter, exhaust manifolds and pipe, intake, fuel rail, etc.) I'm mainly doing this to check to see if there is going to be any problem. I don't doubt my work, just taking precautions.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heads and rocker arms are on now. all i got left is teh exhaust, starter, fuel rail and intakes to et it ready for testing. If all goes well i should have it on the road by tuesday since it is springbreak for me. yYYYYAAAYYY :ztoohot: :ztoohot:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Awesome. I hope all goes well. Getting something fixed is such a great feeling.

By the way, when I fixed this on my car, I started it up and it started spewing coolant out the tailpipe. I mean several quarts. The leak was fixed, but all that coolant was sitting in the cats, resonator, and mufflers. So be prepared for that possibility. If I had it to do over, I would have put some kind of pan down to catch that instead of letting it run all over the driveway and into the gutter. Eeeeewwww ... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i got my intake on and most of my wiring connected. My aior condit. and p.s. brackets are on. I have to order a new set of sealers for my injectors and a couple of vaccum hose pieses for the ones that cracked and i shoul dbe going good.

by the mlooks of my work schedule, i should have it almost done on friday.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well it's all back together.(atleast motor wise, alt. and stufff are still off) and im trying to get it to start up. I know it's the timming i Just didn't have enough time to work on it. and plus the stupid dist. on has so much room to move. I got it to spit a little bit, but not fully run. I should have it done by tuesday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts