TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so does anyone know or know where i can find the correct dipswitch settings for a 95 tbird with an 01 mustang trans (8 tooth output shaft iirc) 19 tooth speedo gear, 3.73's and 275 40 17 tires. I can only find the chart that shows the stock gear ratio and the new gear ratio and it says 0010010010 and my speedo is all jacked up and the car doesnt want to shift. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have still not found the right settings for these things. I have a 2000 gt trans/w 3.73 but running the stock 215 70 15 tires on it. if you have a GPS that shows MPH on it you could use it and just keep trying till you get the right setting. this is the setting that I am using right now on my car not sure if it is right though (3.08 to 3.70 0010011010)

as for the car not shifting does the speedo work at all or does it stay at 0 mph. I know when my fuse went for my cig. lighter and my speedo stopped working the car still shifted through all of its gears just put on a CEL. so I would make sure you dont have a bad tranny and also go through all of your connections on the tranny and under the dash to make sure none of them are disconnected. if you need any more help or if you have more info that you could thank of for your problem send me a pm and I could get back to you.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I wish they still had the calculator on their website. For my car I used a 3.27 ratio and a 21 tooth speedo gear as the starting point. You have a .905 (19/21= .905). Your tire change from 215-70-15 to 275-40-17 gives you a ratio of 1.086 (87.5"/80.6" = 1.086). If you multiply those two you get .983 which, when multiplied by your gear ratio of 3.73, gives an effective ratio of 3.67 if I have done everything right. So from this I would think that the 3.73 setting would be fairly close.

-Miller

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whenever i had driven the car last (november of 2008) the speedo didnt work at all. I since had found that the lock in the vss connector had broken so whenever it was plugged in one terminal wouldnt make contact. I have since fixed that and now the speedo is way messed up. I think the gauge needle itself may be partially at fault. When i initially started the car this time it was at about 15mph from the get go now after going around the block its stuck at 30. Once i get to what i would perceive to be about 25-30 mph it moves to about 40.

My other problem is is that ive got a 4k stall TC and havent ever driven a car with such a high stall so ive really got no idea how it should drive.

Thanks for the info though guys,i probably will crawl under it this weekend and double check the speedcal wiring and the wiring i re-did when i trans was put in.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
p.s. does anyone have the link to whatever thread has the pictures of how the connector has to be re-pinned when you put a gt trans in our cars? I Know i used to have it printed out but cant find it. I just want to double check.

Also is it necessary to swap in the tbird TCC solenoid when swapping trans'? i was just searching and came across a thread that claimed you had to.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know when I did my swap the pin layout was looking at the connector and yes you do have to change the TCC. you will need to trim the connector on the TCC so that it fits in the newer trans connector. here is the link to the pin layouts http://tccoa.com/articles/tranny/transmission/page16.shtml

if you did not pin the trans connector then that would cause your trans to no shift right. also when I did mine I took on of the extra power wires and wired it in with the one that you use. the newer trans use a bigger power wire to supply the trans electronics.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright so i disconnected the trans connector today and took it for a drive,sure enough no difference. Apparently a few of the pins would get pushed out when plugged in and wouldnt make contact. I ended up going to the junkyard and cutting off the trans connector from a newer crown vic and just spliced it to the wires in my car. Much easier than re-pinning it. Took it for a drive and she shifts again! Still have to mess with the speedcal but either way,it shifts!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts